Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using 74190- up count

Status
Not open for further replies.
tshadin, please don't hijack 5 year old threads. Start a new one of your own.

@crutschow

A bit tough, even for me to undersatd.

---

I think, one of the concepts that crutschow is trying to illustrate is that a Data-selector multiplexor can allow you to cheat. You can make any function you wish with three inputs with a 3 bit input mux. The "address" becomes the inputs and the "DATA" becomes the output. So, if you want a 101 to output a 1 and all the others to output a zero or 1, you can.

One gate I don't see very often is a quad 2-input XNOR gate with open collector outputs. https://www.futurlec.com/74LS/74LS266.shtml It's a great chip to use as a cascadeable comparitor (= to). An old minicomputer from the 70's used this technique a lot.

For some reason now, my post makes no sense. Something must have moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back