Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB led fader V-USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

raubercata

Hello guys. im trying to the attached project. I made the circuit, but now im stucked. In the description it says i should upload the firmware on an atmega8. the problem is the main.hex file is 16 kb.... and i know the flash of the atmega8 is only 8kb... what are the steps involved further? thanks alot

Attachments

• circuit.sch.png
    circuit.sch.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 865
Hello guys. im trying to the attached project. I made the circuit, but now im stucked. In the description it says i should upload the firmware on an atmega8. the problem is the main.hex file is 16 kb.... and i know the flash of the atmega8 is only 8kb... what are the steps involved further? thanks alot

hi,
Can you post the 16K hex file so that we can check the type.?
Use the 'Go Advanced' button and 'Manage Attachments' to do this.

Code error

I flashed the atmega8 with the hex and it's working.. the led's are fading once. then i tried to write the command "make" in the directory commandline, but it displays me this error, though i have installed libusb:
gcc 'libusb-config --cflags' -O -Wall -I../common -c usb-led-fader.c
/bin/sh: libusb-config: command not found
/bin/sh: gcc: command not found
make: *** [usb-led-fader.o] error 127

what should i do?

I flashed the atmega8 with the hex and it's working.. the led's are fading once. then i tried to write the command "make" in the directory commandline, but it displays me this error, though i have installed libusb:
gcc 'libusb-config --cflags' -O -Wall -I../common -c usb-led-fader.c
/bin/sh: libusb-config: command not found
/bin/sh: gcc: command not found
make: *** [usb-led-fader.o] error 127

what should i do?

hi,
I dont use 'C' but I would say as you have only got the *.hex file and not any of the include files to rebuild the hex thats why are getting those error messages.

i have all the files....so the hex it aint the problem, i think this libusb i didn't install it correctly or something, because it cant find this libusb-config... hmm..don't know

I don't know 'C', but usually a .hex files is what you burn to the chip, it's already complied. The .hex file can be much larger than the chips capacity, because it contains other information, that isn't sent to the chip. You post a link, of where you found this, maybe we can help from there.

**broken link removed**
found it! When you unpack it, rename the .Tar_02 file, to .tar, and you can extracted the contents...

Seems like all you have to do is burn the hex file, install the USB driver on your computer....

Last edited:
The size of the .hex file don't mean anything with regard to the space it will occupy in memory. the hex file contains at least 2 or 3 times more information that what is actually written to the chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back