Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ursus trotter mixer repair UT-Klot400p

Status
Not open for further replies.

hEljAk

Ursus trotter mixer repair UT-Klot400p

Hi everyone!
Let me start by saying i have absolutelly no experience in what i am about to do right now.

We got an old Ursus Trotter mixer, that went bad some time ago, so i decided to check wth is wrong with it. And after i succesfully managed to open that thing.
I find this little thing
UT Mixer.png
that had one of the legs shorter in length.
So i got myself a Electric soldering iron kit 30w, some solder 50/50 and some soldering paste. And try to solder the shorter leg.
I managed to do so, but i am worried that it wont last very long.

I was wondering if some of you guys could help me figure it out which component is the one pointed by the green arrow.
So i can buy a replacement and try again.

Thx!

It's an inductor, made using a multi-hole ferrite bead with three turns of tinned copper wire through it.

Functionally, they are electrical "noise filters" to reduce the emitter radio noise caused by the motor commutator sparking, and not anything that can fail or cause a problem, other than the connections breaking.

You could bypass it with no effect on how the machine worked, though technically it could start to cause radio interference when in use.. They are fitted to allow it to comply with EMC (interference) regulation.

Or if you can find some singe strand copper wire the same thickness, you could replace the wire yourself to give longer ends & make it easier to refit; or unthread the short end to get more free wire and just leave two turns through it.

It's almost completely unknown for such filters to fail, it's just a few turns of wire - unless it's been mechanically damaged, but there seems no sign of that?.

It's an inductor, made using a multi-hole ferrite bead with three turns of tinned copper wire through it.

Functionally, they are electrical "noise filters" to reduce the emitter radio noise caused by the motor commutator sparking, and not anything that can fail or cause a problem, other than the connections breaking.

You could bypass it with no effect on how the machine worked, though technically it could start to cause radio interference when in use.. They are fitted to allow it to comply with EMC (interference) regulation.

Or if you can find some singe strand copper wire the same thickness, you could replace the wire yourself to give longer ends & make it easier to refit; or unthread the short end to get more free wire and just leave two turns through it.
Thx very much! I think i will go for the new one and try my way with it.
It's almost completely unknown for such filters to fail, it's just a few turns of wire - unless it's been mechanically damaged, but there seems no sign of that?.
The impression I got was a dry joint due to vibration..
Altho the shorter leg it seemed a bit burned at the time. The pcb looked just fine.
So i also think it must have being the vibration or maybe a fall.

Thx egain for your help!
And sorry for my bad english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back