Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent! Need Help in Class A Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harros

Hi guys, I have designed and built the following small signal amplifier for RF application (the tuned circuit is implemented at the collector of 2n2222, the operating frequency is 1MHz), but the output of the amplifier is not satisfactory (but worked well in simulation) as there was only the waveform of negative cycles (the output stayed at 0 V when positive cycles)... Did I provide the wrong bias to the amplifier OR anything? Please help me, any suggestions on the circuitry improvement shall be appreciated, thank you!!!

Attachments

• RFAmp30dB.pdf
    42.3 KB · Views: 138
What are the actual voltages on the transistor? (Nodes 1, 4, and 7)

Does the circuit perform better with different signal frequencies?

I'm not sure I understand your simulation. You show input voltage and output voltage in pico volts. That seems wrong. Also, I didn't bother to check your tank circuit calculation for resonant frequency, did you double check? A common emitter circuit as you have shown is hardly an RF amp due to the Miller effect. Although 1 MHz is really low for what I would consider RF these days. Give us some more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back