Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent help! is there such a "one-push-button" for on and off switch for 240V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew1900

Meaning to say, i can press the same button to turn ON the device, and the same button to turn OFF the device? And also, when the power supply is cut and re-powered back, the device must be in turn OFF mode whether prior before that it was turn ON or OFF (due to safety reasons for my setup)

I saw youtube that there were a lot of DIY tutorials to make the circuit. But is there such a circuit (the push button) available to readily buy off the shelf in the market?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

I don't know of a single switch unit that is mechanical that will do that. A N.O. pushbutton rated for 240VAC (low current) and a 240VAC DPDT relay rated for your load will work.

PushOnPushOffRelayLatch.png

OOPS! You wanted "Push Off" too. That would require an second N.C. pushbutton in series with relay coil. :(

PushOnPushOffRelayLatch.png

Last edited:
The term you want is "alternate-action". That is a mechanical switch that closes the circuit on one press and opens the circuit on the next press. They come with all kinds of ratings: AC, DC, low current, high current, lighted, etc.

BUT ...

Separate from that is your requirement that the switch go to the off position when source power is interrupted. No standard mechanical switch can do this. In terms of an electronic circuit, this is a toggle (T) flipflop with power-on reset (POR).

ak

Looks like 13.01 would work in the bistable mode. Still requires a N.O. pushbutton with that module. Doesn't indicate from the timing diagram what happens on power failure.

Edit: I stand corrected. The timing diagram does show the OFF condition on restoration of power after loss.

Last edited:

Meaning to say, i can press the same button to turn ON the device, and the same button to turn OFF the device? And also, when the power supply is cut and re-powered back, the device must be in turn OFF mode whether prior before that it was turn ON or OFF (due to safety reasons for my setup)

I saw youtube that there were a lot of DIY tutorials to make the circuit. But is there such a circuit (the push button) available to readily buy off the shelf in the market?

Andrew

How many watts is your device that runs at 230Vac?

This is a 24vdc relay version of a flip-flop that does it if you wanted to go that route.
Max.

Attachments

• FlipFlop.pdf
    164.9 KB · Views: 120

Andrew

there, you've covered the first criteria, but can you show me how it resets to off position on power failure?

I was under the impression that most touch switches are configured to idle OFF; certainly the touch switches on lights I have here are so.

I know I'm the novice around here, but I'm really surprised that the question of the load to be switched has not been a prime question ?

S

That thread has been posted on several different forums, but the OP never stated the load current.

ok i found the solution.
No you have not.
What you have found is two switch no volt release, I was about to suggest that some time ago but then I realised that it did not match your "one push on and off" requirement.
Unless of course I mis-understood what you really wanted.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back