UPS battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

my second hand UPS has a new battery in it but I keep getting the battery warning sign come on, now have excluded that the battery may have needed some cycles to get it going I have though do UPS need heavy duty batteries ? considering this is a 14 A battery that must need 14-15 amps to supply my pc

It's hard to say with out more info but how did you select the replacement? Not only do you need the correct capacity and charge/discharge design (not deep cycle) but you also need specific shape to fit in the case.

It doies take time to charge the batteries. When I replaced the batteries, my UPS went through a 5 minute process of complaining about low batteries. Eventually it stopped complaining. See if you can find a user manual on-line. I found mine and it described exactly what I saw.

The batteries you pulled probably had capacity/rating printed on them - I assume you matched that.

Last edited:
the battery was replaced in the shop before I bought it, it is the correct amperage as stated on the bottom of the case. actually i am considering connecting the ups to my old (working) car battery and using the ups battery as a more portable 12 V power supply

allelectronics.com has lots of sealed lead acid batteries, $7 shipping too. They have different capacities and sizes too, but I imagine your UPS will use a standard size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…