Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UPS battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

my second hand UPS has a new battery in it but I keep getting the battery warning sign come on, now have excluded that the battery may have needed some cycles to get it going I have though do UPS need heavy duty batteries ? considering this is a 14 A battery that must need 14-15 amps to supply my pc

It's hard to say with out more info but how did you select the replacement? Not only do you need the correct capacity and charge/discharge design (not deep cycle) but you also need specific shape to fit in the case.

It doies take time to charge the batteries. When I replaced the batteries, my UPS went through a 5 minute process of complaining about low batteries. Eventually it stopped complaining. See if you can find a user manual on-line. I found mine and it described exactly what I saw.

The batteries you pulled probably had capacity/rating printed on them - I assume you matched that.

Last edited:
the battery was replaced in the shop before I bought it, it is the correct amperage as stated on the bottom of the case. actually i am considering connecting the ups to my old (working) car battery and using the ups battery as a more portable 12 V power supply

allelectronics.com has lots of sealed lead acid batteries, $7 shipping too. They have different capacities and sizes too, but I imagine your UPS will use a standard size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back