Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

up down counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
And one thing more.......
U can use 555 in Astable mode with a variable resistor....To control the counter frequency.

i've already simulated the ciruit of mr.Ayne

however i don't know what is a PULSER, is it an IC? what supply voltage can be applied for it? what part no?

thank you...

Pulser mean a circuit that can make pulses(High and LOW, High and LOW........)
Pulser is a square wave generator.... U can use any circuit that can produce Square wave for u..
In circuit maker we not need any circuit for making pulses we can use Pulser for this purpose.. But in real life we need to make a circuit that will produce Pulses.

You know about LM555????
**broken link removed**
Web has a 555 circuit ...
U need to make a circuit that produce pulses and u can use LM555 with other few components to make Pulser(or square wave generator)..
See first circuit(Astable circuit) in the above web..

Or u want to count Up and Down by pressing PushButtons????

is it possible to use pushbuttons? if it is possible, i hope you can give some answer for that...

one question sir, why is that when i've put some resistors(470 ohm) between 7447 and 7seg led... there is no display... is it real in actual circuit? thank you..
In simulation resistors and capacitor all the analog components not work but when u will make this circuit in real then u will add resistors to limit the current
This circuit may not work properly because of chirks during Pushing button...

Attachments

• Push button.GIF
    Push button.GIF
    5.6 KB · Views: 655
The contacts of a pushbutton bounce (close and open then close again then open again) many times if it is pushed only one time. The counter will count each bounce and the display will show how many bounces.
Each pushbutton needs to have a "debounce" circuit that can be found on Google.

i've already did the 555timer as a pulser, but in circuit maker... it cannot simulated capacitors and other
components... but i did choose the PROBE to check the pulse output of 555 timer connected to the wire
of the CPU, then the display add up as i click on the wire, does it mean that the circuit already works
in actual circuit? the display does not run beacause, the circuit maker, cant simulate some
of the analog components, but the circuit really works, even in actual?

is this true?

big thanks to all of you, i'm hoping that i'm on th 90% of this circuit ( but in actual its 0% )

hardcore misery said:
i've already did the 555timer as a pulser, but in circuit maker... it cannot simulated capacitors and other
components...
What??? Is this a typo? What will it simulate? Wire?

selected items in this circuit may not be simulated in the selected simulation mode. Continue simulation? (yes or NO)

that's the msgbox of circuit maker

U r enough week in using Circuit Maker

Circuit Maker has two Simulation Mode.
1. Digital simulation
2. Analog Simulation (or Mixed mode Simulation)

As i said before,
analog components will not simualte in Digital Simulation...

But in analog simulation Digital components will also simulate and analog compnents too.. But digital display will not indicate(7-segment etc, etc)....
In analog simulation u can only see the waveforms on Oscilloscope in circuit maker...

The message in ur Message Box is because,
u add analog components in ur circuit diagram and want to simulate this circuit in Digital Simulation.

First
Try to learn CIRCUIT MAKER

Simulate Digital circuits in digital Simulation, ur counter is Digital, u will simulate this circuit in digital simulation
But 555 Timer circuit is analog ,cuz it included analog components resistor, capacitor, etc etc... try to simualte this section of ur circuit in analog simulation..

we have tried out the counter and pulser circuit on the breadboard... however.
the LED on the pulser doesn't light up... and can't drive the counter circuit..
our instructor, told us to set the period of pulse to 1second... i've tried this on Circuit maker, which is to modify the 555 circuit on the circuit maker, i've came up with specific caps and resistor which lets the pulse period to equal in 1 second.. however the output pulse is distorted compare to the output pulse of the orig. ciruit( output pulse period is in milliseconds)

that's confusing... were very pressured now...

Attach a schematic with parts values of your "pulser" 555 oscillator that cannot blink its LED for us to see what is wrong with it.

Sketch the distorted output pulse showing voltage levels and duty-cycle.

You did not attach the schematic. You zipped something and you hoped that everybody else has your Circuit Maker program. I don't.
Why can't you attach the schematic as a normal GIF or PNG file type? Then everybody can see it.

an astable is an oscillator that keeps pulsing by itself.
A monostable makes a single pulse each time it is triggered by something.

circuit with astable.JPG

the astable timer can't drive it's LED and the counter... how to attain an output pulse with 1second period? and why is that it cant drive the circuit? are there any wrong connections?

Going to DIE

Below both files attached PICture and circuit maker file....

Try to learn CIRCUIT MAKER

First try to run on 555 timer with led connected to it PIN 3. likw in picture .
Selected resistors and capacitors value will run 555 on,
Pulse Frequency = 1.018 Hz
Duty cycle = 50.17%

What r u doing?? i mean student or hobbiest???
and where from u r??

Attachments

• 555 Nasty.GIF
    555 Nasty.GIF
    3.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 555.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 169
Two mistakes in ur circuit...
555 should be connected with +5 volts....... not with +9 volts as u have done.
Why u add S4???........ Just use 1K resistors for pulling up...... as i used before in above(already posted) circuits

Ayne,
The LED in your 555 circuit has a current of only 0.9ma so it will be very dim. If the 2.2k resistor is changed to 100 ohms then it will be much brighter at 20mA.

Hardcore Misery,
The digital ICs should each have a 0.1uF ceramic disc capacitor at their supply pins to ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back