Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

up/down counter with 7 segment display and button input

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostissues

I searched the site and could not find what I was looking for. here is what I'm looking to do with this: I have a card game that requires each player to keep a score. you start at 0 and play till you reach your goal (between 16-25) you can also loose points. I want to make a counter that when you press a button (+ button) it will add 1 point to your score ie press + score displays "01", press + again score displays "02" press another button (-) score will subtract 1 from the current score displayed. and also a reset button.

after a little research with google I have found out a couple things. what I want is called an up/down counter with a 2 digit 7 segment display. now comes the tricky part. I know a little about electronics, very little. I know nothing about programming chips. most of the schematics I have seen have a chip you need to program or use other types of input devices like something that automatically counts (timer).

so what I am looking to ask is if anyone knows how to make (or can point me to a schematic) of how to build this with a chip that I can buy already programmed. or tell me that what I'm looking to do is not possible.

Thank you for any help,
Jonathan

this one will go to 16,

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

all you need to do is add another flip-flop gate combo

I searched the site and could not find what I was looking for. here is what I'm looking to do with this: I have a card game that requires each player to keep a score. you start at 0 and play till you reach your goal (between 16-25) you can also loose points. I want to make a counter that when you press a button (+ button) it will add 1 point to your score ie press + score displays "01", press + again score displays "02" press another button (-) score will subtract 1 from the current score displayed. and also a reset button.

Thank you for any help,
Jonathan

hi,
This will do what you ask.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back