up down counter using pic12f609

Status
Not open for further replies.

baker87

HI, i need to make an up/down counter using a pic12f609 to sn7447 BCD to 7-segment display to count from 0 to 9 and 9 to 0
The control of the counting cycle must b done using two switches
switch 1 = Up (0-9)
switch 2 = down (9-0)
the delay time is 1.5 sec using mplab assembly language
am new to micro controller and i need some ideas to do this task . i have done this using 4-bit counter and bcd to seven segment display i just inverted QA an QD on the 4-bit counter using a Nand gate and D/U on the 4-bit counter is high to count from 0 to 9 and for 9 to 0 i connected the D/U to low . but using pic12f609 i have hard time writing a code for that ...

at the top of this "microcontroler" page is a "new comers please read". it has a lot in there, look at the tortorial section, you will find http://www.winpicprog.co.uk there, it's a good read and has
what you need in there, also check out the others, there are counter tortorials somewhere in them also. it's been a while since i looked.

Last edited:
all the tutorials about pic 16 and am using pic12f609 which has only 5+1 I/O where as pic 16 has tow ports which u can connected the 7-segment display to them and program the chip whereas this confusing with pic12f609 because i have to use the 4-bit counter which has 4 inputs ans four outputs and then connected to the BCD to 7-segment i have looked to many tutorials but i can't get the idea plus we have just had one lecture introducing this whole thing about micro .

have you looked at Microchips piclist, there are some good tortoials in there, i remember one called, something like ; gorgogglium, that had some good torts" on the lowrange microchips.
i've never used them yet, i've been using the 16 bits. good luck.

i just gave the sn7447 data sheet a look, it looks fairly straight forward, 4 pic pins into it on the rite side of that chip, and the letters on the left :a>g, are to the segments of
your 7seg, the truth table on page 4 are pic pins high or low equals the corresponding segments a zero would have all 4 pic pins low and would output segment a through f on making
the number 0.

I have a code for PIC12F629-to-7 segment display (created with individual LEDs) using up and down switches but without any other chips.

I have a code for PIC12F629-to-7 segment display (created with individual LEDs) using up and down switches but without any other chips.

that might give an idea about how it works if u can post it i can see if it will help me to figure out how to program the pic

Last edited:
<mod edit: self promotion deleted. If you have content to share, please post directly to ETO. Do not link to your own personal website>

Last edited by a moderator:
Drive the 7447 with 4 pins of the '609 configured as digital outputs. Monitor the switches with 2 pins of the '609 configured as digital inputs. One or both of the input pins may need shared connections with the output pins, involving a function change in software. Input pins will need debouncing (probably in software).

can you explain this more clearly

Here you a little something to work with

Attachments

• counter.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…