Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

up down counter using pic12f609

Status
Not open for further replies.

baker87

HI, i need to make an up/down counter using a pic12f609 to sn7447 BCD to 7-segment display to count from 0 to 9 and 9 to 0
The control of the counting cycle must b done using two switches
switch 1 = Up (0-9)
switch 2 = down (9-0)
the delay time is 1.5 sec using mplab assembly language
am new to micro controller and i need some ideas to do this task . i have done this using 4-bit counter and bcd to seven segment display i just inverted QA an QD on the 4-bit counter using a Nand gate and D/U on the 4-bit counter is high to count from 0 to 9 and for 9 to 0 i connected the D/U to low . but using pic12f609 i have hard time writing a code for that ...

at the top of this "microcontroler" page is a "new comers please read". it has a lot in there, look at the tortorial section, you will find http://www.winpicprog.co.uk there, it's a good read and has
what you need in there, also check out the others, there are counter tortorials somewhere in them also. it's been a while since i looked. :)

Last edited:
all the tutorials about pic 16 and am using pic12f609 which has only 5+1 I/O where as pic 16 has tow ports which u can connected the 7-segment display to them and program the chip whereas this confusing with pic12f609 because i have to use the 4-bit counter which has 4 inputs ans four outputs and then connected to the BCD to 7-segment i have looked to many tutorials but i can't get the idea plus we have just had one lecture introducing this whole thing about micro .

have you looked at Microchips piclist, there are some good tortoials in there, i remember one called, something like ; gorgogglium, that had some good torts" on the lowrange microchips.
i've never used them yet, i've been using the 16 bits. good luck.

i just gave the sn7447 data sheet a look, it looks fairly straight forward, 4 pic pins into it on the rite side of that chip, and the letters on the left :a>g, are to the segments of
your 7seg, the truth table on page 4 are pic pins high or low equals the corresponding segments a zero would have all 4 pic pins low and would output segment a through f on making
the number 0.

I have a code for PIC12F629-to-7 segment display (created with individual LEDs) using up and down switches but without any other chips.

I have a code for PIC12F629-to-7 segment display (created with individual LEDs) using up and down switches but without any other chips.

that might give an idea about how it works if u can post it i can see if it will help me to figure out how to program the pic

Last edited:
<mod edit: self promotion deleted. If you have content to share, please post directly to ETO. Do not link to your own personal website>

Last edited by a moderator:
Drive the 7447 with 4 pins of the '609 configured as digital outputs. Monitor the switches with 2 pins of the '609 configured as digital inputs. One or both of the input pins may need shared connections with the output pins, involving a function change in software. Input pins will need debouncing (probably in software).

Drive the 7447 with 4 pins of the '609 configured as digital outputs. Monitor the switches with 2 pins of the '609 configured as digital inputs. One or both of the input pins may need shared connections with the output pins, involving a function change in software. Input pins will need debouncing (probably in software).

can you explain this more clearly

Here you a little something to work with

Attachments

• counter.jpg
    counter.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back