Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Up - Down Count Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash427

I would like some help which drawing a schematic diagram for the below circuit. It’s been a while since I have done electronics so any help would be great.

I would like this circuit created so it can be previewed in ‘Livewire’ before I actually build it, therefore using only the components in livewire if possible.

This circuit has two sets of four 7-segment displays that both show the same numbers.
It will require 13 push buttons in total.

1. Display 1 and 2 always display the same numbers.

2. 1. When button 1 up is pressed, no 1 Display increases by 1.
2. When button 2 up is pressed, no 2 Display increases by 1.
3. When button 3 up is pressed, no 3 Display increases by 1.
4. When button 4 up is pressed, no 4 Display increases by 1.

3. 1. When button 1 down is pressed, no 1 Display decreases by 1.
2. When button 2 down is pressed, no 2 Display decreases by 1.
3. When button 3 down is pressed, no 3 Display decreases by 1.
4. When button 4 down is pressed, no 4 Display decreases by 1.

4. 1. When button reset 1 is pressed, no 1 Display is reset to 0.
2. When button reset 2 is pressed, no 2 Display is reset to 0.
3. When button reset 3 is pressed, no 3 Display is reset to 0.
4. When button reset 4 is pressed, no 4 Display is reset to 0.

5. When reset all is pressed, all displays are reset to 0.

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 246
This circuit has two sets of four 7-segment displays that both show the same numbers
Is this what you meant ? from your functional discription it sounds like you want four sets of 2 seven segment displays ?

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I meant ‘This circuit has two sets of four 7-segment displays that both show the same numbers’.
Like in the image, I basically want to be able to display two 4 digit numbers (0000).

Also, when I said ‘When button 1 up is pressed, no 1 Display increases by 1.’ Ect… ,no 1 7-segment display is increased by 1.

Unlike many of the postings here, your description of what you want to do is very clear. I'm sure someone here should have no problem designing a circuit that will do this.

A CD40110 Up/Dn counter chip should do what you want. It has separate clock inputs for the up and down count, and directly drives a 7-segment LED display (you would likely have to add buffer (pnp) transistors for the second digit). Of course, you would need to debounce the count clock switches (the reset switches don't need debounce). Also each counter reset input will need a 2-input OR gate to combine the individual and master reset signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back