Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Tube Radio Part

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard that, though I had also heard that there needs to be sufficient evidence that the problem existed from the start and wasn't caused by wear and tear. That usually involves hiring an impartial technician at enormous cost to produce the required evidence. My dad recently tried to claim on a plasma TV which has an intermittent fault, quoting the Trade of Goods Act without actually reading it first. Needless to say he was told where to shove it. Looks like a lovely new 52" LCD HDTV is in order! :D

Do you know what document actually contains that legislation? I read the Trade of Goods Act top to bottom and there's no mention of six years in that document, despite what my dad claimed.

It's the SOGA (Sale Of Goods Act), it's not a blanket 6 year warranty, but if a set was only designed to last out the warranty it would be easy to prove due to the massive failure rate.

You might find this site helpful?.

It's the SOGA (Sale Of Goods Act)

Sorry that's right, Sale not Trade. Either way I read it and didn't see anything specifically stating 6 years. When I couldn't find it I even did a search with Ctrl + F and didn't find anything like it. But yes, that would protect you from devices designed not to outlive their warranties, but unfortunately not get you a free TV because yours has stopped working after 5 years of use :D Though it was a nice try on my dad's part :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back