Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Surface Mount Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnCavey

:mrgreen: I have a small circular surface mount device with four pins connected to the four sides, north, south, east and west, as seen in the picture below. The device appears to be a FET and the only markings I see are E5 written on the top. It is part of an amplifier circuit but I don't think it is a transistor, since the board location is listed with a U instead of a Q. I've been trying for days to find the part number, with no success. I know it's not alot of information to go on, but if anyone can help me, it would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• Unknown_Device.jpg
    Unknown_Device.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 638
You might give the SMD codebook a try
**broken link removed**

but every manufacturer pick's his own markings, so there could be dozens of E5 devices out there, all diffirent...

The only way to be sure is to get a scematic or at least know the manufacturer or its like looking for a needle in a haystack

I've tried several codebooks allready. Unfortunately, I don't have any schematics and won't be able to get any. The part is used in the final amplification stage of an RF card belonging to a Terayon Teralink 1000 Proprietary Modem Controller. When the part fails, I still get an output, albeit a at a much lower level than I need.

Thanks guys, I've found the MAR series, it's made by Mini-Circuits. I'm ordering a few samples of the MSA, MAR and the ERA series, also by Mini-Circuits, and see which one matches my part the closest. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back