Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nec (up)d1877c, the unknown "cpu".

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGamerCX

hi, i remember getting a 1977 (?) calculator (casio h-1) back in 2017-2018, and after many years letting it get dusty, i decided to disassemble it now. i already disassembled it before twice, the first time was to fix it, and the second time was to extract some components, but after a while i decided to assemble it back. yesterday however, i decided to remove the vfd display and the cpu only, because these are the most important parts for me. however, i tried looking up for any datasheets on the internet, and got no valid results... i only got links to some websites selling this cpu, but even those websites don't show any datasheets at all...

hi, i remember getting a 1977 (?) calculator (casio h-1) back in 2017-2018, and after many years letting it get dusty, i decided to disassemble it now. i already disassembled it before twice, the first time was to fix it, and the second time was to extract some components, but after a while i decided to assemble it back. yesterday however, i decided to remove the vfd display and the cpu only, because these are the most important parts for me. however, i tried looking up for any datasheets on the internet, and got no valid results... i only got links to some websites selling this cpu, but even those websites don't show any datasheets at all...
As it long predates the internet, why would you imagine you would fine datasheets on-line?. If they existed at all, they would most likely just have been paper copies, in the hands of a few developers?.

> You sure its D1877C ? You have the digits in correct order ?
yes, here's a pic of it:
> As it long predates the internet, why would you imagine you would fine datasheets on-line?.
6502: am i a joke to you?
> If they existed at all, they would most likely just have been paper copies, in the hands of a few developers?.
maybe...
> The uPD1877C is a dedicated LSI calculator IC, rather than a CPU type device.
oh, so maybe that's why there aren't any datasheets on the internet...

Attachments

• IMG_20221111_173223.jpg
    IMG_20221111_173223.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 213
update:
i'm kinda confused now, because the chip claims to be a d1877c, but then i grabbed the calculator's main board again and i realized it says it's an upd1877c... are they the same thing or did they just use a slightly different chip?

Same thing, D1877C is just a short form P/N put on parts back then.

Regards, Dana.

I looked at some of the databooks, also did not find, but ran out
of time to do them all.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back