Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unknown I.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddu

I have an IC chip on a pc100 sodimm 144pin sdram which has a capacity of 64MB made up of 8 * 8MB chips. This IC is labelled as 97c 24w02. I found no data sheet for this IC on the net. This IC is broken and I wanted to change it with some equivalent. Also wanted to know the function of this IC. I thought it might be some serial eeprom maybe. In which case the st24w02 might be a good substitute.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am quite lost.

That's totally impractical. By the time you factor in shipping costs for a single unit even if you could find it, it would be cheaper to just buy an entire new memory chip. I have never heard of anyone outside of a makers rework shop who has repaired a SODIMM memory stick before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back