Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

University Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siksissk

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum but I see there are a lot of very helpful people here and I thort I would try my luck.

I need to come up with a final year university project.

I can throw half a years worth of time into it.
My capabilities are well ... anything really, as I have covered most areas of electronics already.

The idea has to be something that is not already easily obtainable on the market, but nothing too complex that I couldn't do within my half year!

All ideas welcome!!

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum but I see there are a lot of very helpful people here and I thort I would try my luck.

I need to come up with a final year university project.

I can throw half a years worth of time into it.
My capabilities are well ... anything really, as I have covered most areas of electronics already.

The idea has to be something that is not already easily obtainable on the market, but nothing too complex that I couldn't do within my half year!

All ideas welcome!!

Thanks

Write down everything you can find easily in the market place...

Then pick an item NOT on the list.

Fair enough, I was a touch unspecific.....

I know a lot of people come here for final year projects. Sadly the ideas I presented were deemed too differcult, so im now left with no idea what to present next.

I was hoping someone in industry here, would have a idea maybe based on what they are working on, or have done in the past, could think of something that would be a good project to do!

It wouldnt be anything I could make money with, just something to challenge a final year degree student.

Thanks.

I think you're missing the point?, one of the main reasons for the final project is a test of what YOU can come up with, not what someone else can come up with.

What projects were deemed too difficult?.

How about a pre-programmed cigarette pack, or box. Where someone is trying to quit smoking, your design pack of smokes will only dispense 1 cig per some predefined time.

Already been done...well sort of...but not on that scale. ;)
Google : patient controlled analgesia

ken

I think you're missing the point?, one of the main reasons for the final project is a test of what YOU can come up with, not what someone else can come up with.

What projects were deemed too difficult?.

Your right, its what I come up with. But I need that initial starting point which I could build on.

My first idea was a wireless solution for getting e-books from the university library. Sadly my solution to it was too complex to make it feasible.

But like I said, if there are any ideas out there, please speak up, even a basic idea, I will be adapting it and changing it as I go, just need that first spark.

Your right, its what I come up with. But I need that initial starting point which I could build on.

My first idea was a wireless solution for getting e-books from the university library. Sadly my solution to it was too complex to make it feasible.

But like I said, if there are any ideas out there, please speak up, even a basic idea, I will be adapting it and changing it as I go, just need that first spark.

hi,
I suggest you build a piece of test gear, say a LCR meter, always handy to have on the bench.

hi,
I suggest you build a piece of test gear, say a LCR meter, always handy to have on the bench.

Bit sort of secondary school though, not a University final year project.

A popular project, over a number of years now, has been a digital storage scope that connects to a PC - requires good analogue, digital, and software skills.

Bit sort of secondary school though, not a University final year project.

A popular project, over a number of years now, has been a digital storage scope that connects to a PC - requires good analogue, digital, and software skills.

I was thinking of time scale and budget.!:D

The other point would be, what branch of electronics the OP is going to be eventually employed in, perhaps something that would helpful in his career.

OT: did you see that TV prog 'railway walk' from Bakewell to Buxton the other evening, your neck of the woods.

I was thinking of time scale and budget.!:D

Two days and four and a half quid? :p

OT: did you see that TV prog 'railway walk' from Bakewell to Buxton the other evening, your neck of the woods.

No, I didn't know it was on - funnily enough we drove back along, under and over, that old line on Saturday. What channel was it on?.

I don't know if you've heard of 'Peak Rail'?, they are hoping to restore the line all the way from Matlock to Buxton, I don't think they have a prayer - too many tunnels to restore, and at least two bridges (that I know of) have been removed. One prevented high vehicles using the main A6 trunk road, so there's no way they could put that back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back