Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Universal Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepan

Hi people!! :) .
Can someone please help me with some information I have been trying to retrieve for days, lol :x .
The information I need is, What Limitations does a standard Universal or Wheatstone Bridge carry?

Deepan said:
Hi people!! :) .
Can someone please help me with some information I have been trying to retrieve for days, lol :x .
The information I need is, What Limitations does a standard Universal or Wheatstone Bridge carry?

You need to provide more information on what you want, so far it's just like asking 'what limitations does a wheel have'. It's a meaningless question!.

Thank You for ur help

Thanks for the reply :D
I got the information I needed.
Thanks for trying to help anyway :D

Deepan, it would be interesting what you found for your answer! A lot of folks pooh-pooh Wheatstone bridges these days in favor of modern digital instruments. You'll find that the finest standards labs in the world still use the bridges because they provide the highest precision when comparing standards. If your source indicates that the bridges are obsolete and not used anymore, it's time to step back and get mighty suspicious!

I'm reminded of the guy who put down the old differential voltmeters in favor of newer digital meters. By "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" he steered a lot of folks away from the fact that the differential meters were just as accurate (at the time), also had an analog display that could indicate the voltage difference between the internal standard and a changing voltage being measured and had INFINITE input impedance at balance, something that other meters cannot achieve! There are some situtations where I can use an old Simpson 260 with its 2% accuracy to make a more accurate measurement than a Fluke DMM with 0.05% accuracy.

The point is to be very suspicious of blanket statements, for there are usually exceptions to be reckoned with.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back