Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adapter for universal charger for lipo battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about purchasing an imax B6 mini universal charger to charge/discharge/storage mode some Li-Po mobile phone batteries BM20 and BP-5L models but I don't know which adapter I can buy to make this operation possible, there is an adapter for do that? I think about buying on Aliexpress

Take the electronics out of your existing cheap charger and just use it as a battery connector / holder, wired to the new charger!

Note that you need to connect both the main battery terminals from the charger and (possibly) the correct wires from the multi-pin balance connector for a single cell, to the same two terminals in the battery connector.

I have the Turnigy version; they are a very good charger and have a "storage mode" setting that automatically charges or discharges the cell to an ideal level for storage. They are normally quite expensive, but just occasionally appear on ebay for less than £15

Note that they do not normally come with a power adapter - you need a power source as well; 12V should be OK for one or two cell batteries.

You have to set the charging current. It may default to two amps or more, for large batteries. Set it down below 500mA or even to eg. 200mA to avoid overheating the small batteries you will be using it with.

Turnigy-Accucell-6-batterie-charger-600x425.jpg

These are typical of the balance port connector cables; drone battery packs often have the cable built in, so it does not come with the charger.

Take the electronics out of your existing cheap charger and just use it as a battery connector / holder, wired to the new charger!

Note that you need to connect both the main battery terminals from the charger and (possibly) the correct wires from the multi-pin balance connector for a single cell, to the same two terminals in the battery connector.

I have the Turnigy version; they are a very good charger and have a "storage mode" setting that automatically charges or discharges the cell to an ideal level for storage. They are normally quite expensive, but just occasionally appear on ebay for less than £15

Note that they do not normally come with a power adapter - you need a power source as well; 12V should be OK for one or two cell batteries.

You have to set the charging current. It may default to two amps or more, for large batteries. Set it down below 500mA or even to eg. 200mA to avoid overheating the small batteries you will be using it with.

Turnigy-Accucell-6-batterie-charger-600x425.jpg

These are typical of the balance port connector cables; drone battery packs often have the cable built in, so it does not come with the charger.

I don't have experience in making these adaptations, it would be better if I buy the ready-to-use adapter on the imax B6 mini

is this Turnigy good? tell me more about him

it would be better if I buy the ready-to-use adapter
I doubt very much if any such things exist, especially for the BM-20.

Without owning one, I believe the imax b6 and turnigy one are pretty much copies, one of the other or both copied from yet another make.

You have too many threads here about your damaged old batteries and cheap charger.
A cell phone battery is charged in a phone, then nobody buys a separate good quality charger that you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back