Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

universal washing motors and and a genrator set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee44

wandering if yo can help this old women , work out a few things. want make power source from 2x motor convert from Ac to Dc X2 to Generator to get power but i need help.
first question 1 : do i need a capacitor, and speed switch to make the to universal washing motors to ran faster? i do have speed control switch but the speed didn't change at all and it also didn't turn off.

Q2. should i be using small and large pulleys ? large on motors and small o the generator ?

Report Edit

L
lee44

5 minutes ago
sorry there will be lots of question i have no idea what im doing . i just grab things to set things up . i just hook up solar panel to battery it work , lucky me lol. but i want another way of of keeping battery charged other than a solar panel . due to only having small battery bank and short amount of sun array.

hi there diver300
i have convert the universal washing motor to dc already , i want that to spin the pulley of the generator to give me power , dont know if i doing the right thing watching you tube stuff trying to work it out. now i m going to self excited the genrator first then .but thats hard due to the type i have brushes and stuff are in side the shell of the gen.my aim is to generator power to my solar bank batteries
like a wind turbine would.

in a roundabout way lol
cheers
lm

i have convert the universal washing motor to dc already
I don't understand. A universal motor will work with an AC or DC supply. No need to convert it. What have you done to the motor?

It all seems very vague!
What is being used as a generator and motor?
The great lack of detail makes it almost impossible to answer, some kind of DWG or sketch would help!
What is the nature of the speed control switch??
A Universal motor will not generate, and as mentioned, does not need DC to run!!
Max..

Attachments

• Karnak.jpg
    Karnak.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 150
I had no idea that they even made universal motors for washing machines but after Googling it seems the do make them. From the one Youtube I watched it seems like they use them as an adjustable speed motor in the washer. With the fields and armature separately energized. The *conversion for DC they show is to connect the field and armature leads together to make it a straight single speed motor.

What I get from the TS is she has a generator and wants to power it with the washer motor to charge her solar cell batteries at night. But like Alec says, I don't think she understands that powering the motor from the batteries won't charge the batteries.

hi guys i now run the motor by dc i convert it.

but now i want this motor to help assist in speed the generator , i have since learnt i need to self excite the generator first then assist it i will get the 1single phase power from it

First, a series motor won't self excite, it requires a shunt field motor.
Also you will not get 1phase AC from a Universal motor.
Motorola designed a IC specifically for using a Universal motor with variable speed for Washing Machines.
Device # TDA1085.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back