Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unicorn Oscilloscope running GLCD 128x64 & Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Steve the friendly fellow whom runs the site **broken link removed** was kind enough to modify his source code to work on the Unicorn. The GLCD looks awsome in reality, my photo skills for LCDs are minimal.
**broken link removed**

And Steves Original
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Very nice. I received my boards today and have a GLCD on order. Hopefully I'll have something running by the end of the week.

Mike.

Finally got around to having a play with this. The Graphic LCD is actually easier to initialise than the character based ones but a bit trickier to use. The really tricky bit is finding fonts. Managed to find a nice proportional one though. I'll post some code when I get time to tidy and comment it.

Mike.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Nice work Mike. Is that a font or bitmap image? I've been wanting to do a Conways Life on one.

Here's the hex file for the scope, I'll ask permission to post the modifed C source.

Attachments

• 18F4550 GLCD Oscilloscope DR1r1 - no bootloader, GLCD4550, 20MHz, bl.zip
    10 KB · Views: 926
The one I have is the $20 one from futurelec. It uses the KS0107/8 controller.
I connected the backlight to the 5V on con1 via a 220Ω resistor.

Mike.

Bill,
The font is just of the internet. As it's proportional, I put it all in a 7 wide array and put 0x55 in unused locations. It ended up like,
Code:
const rom unsigned char Font[96][7]={

I found that the display is (in my mind) reversed and have inverted the font and fill with 0xff to clear screen.

Hopefully, I'll get some more time tomorrow to get a more usable print routine.

Mike.

3v0 said:
Do I need to get a GLCD with a specific controller ?
Which and what source would you suggest ?
I see that futurlec has one for about $20.

The code was written for a 128x64 GLCD that is KS0108 compatible and the 20pin connector on the bottom.

Hello,
Escuse me but I saw this article just now.
I would like to build this mini oscilloscope but with only the executable for PIC18f4550 I can not see how the connections between pic and GLCD.
Could I have the schema?
In the site of semifluid there are only connection to the PIC18F2550.

Ciao
Antonio

Bill that looks great good to see you.

Here the sch for the one he make at his site Full-Circuit2.gif

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Tanks but this connection are referred to the pic18F2550 my pic is the 18F4550, with the same port it don't work.

Bye
Antonio

Use the same pins it will work just fine there the same chip core only the 18F4550 has more ports the
same pins are on both the hex will work too.

2550To4550.PNG

There just no PORTD on little brother 18F2550

Last edited:
Hi,
I try but It don't works.
I loaded with my pickit2 the file .hex of this old post "18F4550 GLCD Oscilloscope DR1r1 - no bootloader, GLCD4550, 20MHz, bl" and I connected all as a scheme.

Thanks
Antonio

You can use this hex you have to load the boot-loader it doesn't mater if it said 18f2550 it will work

The PIC must initially programmed with the ‘SAC_tinybld18F2550usb _20MHz_115200_48MHz’ hex file to program the bootloader on the PIC. Then, using Tiny PIC Bootloader, the hex file can be placed on the chip using the Tiny PIC Bootloader frontend with ’12h 34h 56h 78h 90h’ in the ‘List of codes to send first:’ in the ‘Options’ menu. Please feel free to contact me if you have any problems.

I don't understand......
Show only the positive part of a sine wave and it is positioned at the bottom.

bye
Antonio

The problem is solved with a bias created by a resistive divider and a capacitor.
Unfortunately it does not work the trigger and read of the frequency.

Bye
Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back