Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Uni Assignment Circuit Design Problem - NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel_83

I'm on my last piece of assessment for a uni subject and I don't know where to start.
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to research????
The problem is pasted below:

You are required to design an electronic circuit to provide for the following functional relationship:
Vout = a + b Vin + c Vin²

Where a = 0.1V, b = 0 04, c = 0.3 and Vout max = 12 V an Vin is a positive voltage. (The circuit operates in a single quadrant)
This circuit is then supplied by a linear ramp signal to provide an input to the function in order that Vout may be plotted against Vin on an oscilloscope.

I'm on my last piece of assessment for a uni subject and I don't know where to start.
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to research????
The problem is pasted below:

You are required to design an electronic circuit to provide for the following functional relationship:
Vout = a + b Vin + c Vin²

Where a = 0.1V, b = 0 04, c = 0.3 and Vout max = 12 V an Vin is a positive voltage. (The circuit operates in a single quadrant)
This circuit is then supplied by a linear ramp signal to provide an input to the function in order that Vout may be plotted against Vin on an oscilloscope.

hi,
Does the 'circuit' have be: discrete transistors or operational amplifiers or could it be a microprocessor.??

From your formula
a, is only a constant voltage, let this be 'x'
b, is a linear amplified voltage b * Vin, where b is the gain, let this be 'y'
c, is a squaring circuit where c is, c * (Vin*Vin) let this be 'z'

So Vout = x + y + z
Feed this Vout into the Y amp of the scope, use the Vin to drive the X amp of the scope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back