Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understanding modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people will be very unhappy if there phone battery is being drained and battery life shorted because their phone is being use to relay someone else's signal. o_O
Transmitting takes a lot more battery energy than just receiving.
Hi C,
True, but perhaps it won't be too draining, if the distances are shorter between devices. Who knows what the future holds, we may get paid for being a relay. (Oo look a pig just flew by:wideyed:)
C.

You won't need data on a phone soon anyway!!! Virgin and BT are both hoping to set up permanent wifi using all the boxes in circulation.... So you can use wifi data anywhere... The signal will be stronger so the batteries will last longer... The phone will only be needed for voice calls.. Wow won't that be novel!! The very worst thing about my smartphone is the ability to make phone calls!!!

You won't need data on a phone soon anyway!!! Virgin and BT are both hoping to set up permanent wifi using all the boxes in circulation.... So you can use wifi data anywhere... The signal will be stronger so the batteries will last longer... The phone will only be needed for voice calls.. Wow won't that be novel!! The very worst thing about my smartphone is the ability to make phone calls!!!
Hi R,
I mainly use a stupid phone, for calls, texts and the odd photo.
My smartphone doesn't even have calls and texts, as I mainly use it as a MIFI. Although I have a few apps.
C.

Also coverage cannot scale properly in startup locations as it becomes subject to the consumer and consumer mobility. Nor can infrastructure be serviced as the infrastructure control is lost to the Service providers, who love control.

Also coverage cannot scale properly in startup locations as it becomes subject to the consumer and consumer mobility. Nor can infrastructure be serviced as the infrastructure control is lost to the Service providers, who love control.
Hi M,
No such word as cannot, sit back and be surprised;)
C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back