Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Under-cabinet lighting transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

username

My under-cabinet lights all went out the other day. I'm assuming it's the transformer since, other than the individual lights, it's the only component that could have failed. The transformer says:

PRI: ~115V 50/60Hz

SEC: 11,5V ~ 40VA

This transformer has been in service for something like 15 years. There were (4) 12v 10watt halogen bulbs connected to it.

I am looking for a replacement transformer but I am *not* an electrician. I found what I thought might be suitable replacements:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I'm just looking for some confirmation that one of these (or both) would work, or (if I'm all wet) where I could find a proper replacement...

TIA

My under-cabinet lights all went out the other day. I'm assuming it's the transformer since, other than the individual lights, it's the only component that could have failed. The transformer says:

This transformer has been in service for something like 15 years. There were (4) 12v 10watt halogen bulbs connected to it.

I am looking for a replacement transformer but I am *not* an electrician. I found what I thought might be suitable replacements:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I'm just looking for some confirmation that one of these (or both) would work, or (if I'm all wet) where I could find a proper replacement...

TIA

Either one should do your total wattage is 40=4X10watts your power consumption if there is no dimming switch in circuit to consume more power you should be Ok.

Both are rated above your power consumption.

kv

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

TIA

yep...its rated above ur requirement ...so go 4 the cheaper one....thats what i would do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back