Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrathin Flexible Rechargeable LiPo Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

João Ambrósio

Hi!
I need a ultrathin (more or less maximum of 1mm thick) flexible rechargeable lithium polymer battery with specific dimensions. As it will be used to validate my project i just need a few samples. I asked some re-sellers but as it has to be custom made the prices are a little bit high. Do you know some manufacturers that can make these kind of batteries?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

Depending on how deep into the details you are willing to get with this, you may be able to unroll a Li-Poly cell and re-roll it in new dimensions. This is difficult and will likely result in lower capacity if it works at all, but for a proof of concept you may be able to get some voltage. Attaching the leads will be difficult, getting it together without contamination would be hard, and there is danger of exposure to harmful chemicals. If you're a college student see if you can use a clean air enclosure and get the help of a chemistry professor (they might find this interesting and help out). If you're a kid then it's probably best you don't try any of this. I'm just throwing ideas out there, keep in mind this is from the perspective of a person who did university research and had good luck hacking things that generally shouldn't be hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back