Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic weapon sistem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bivanus

Yes, believe it or not these is what my teacher asked me to do for my year project.I am a student in electronics and these would be my last year project.Cool right? Beeep :wrong! I'm not a begginer in electronics but...high power ultrasonics... :roll: :cry:
Anyway I got to work it out.Already learned some needed schematics and materials:

*ultrasonic transducers
???can i use buzzers, where can i get some piezo disks and/or hou much do they cost , anyone has something in the junkbox
*tone/pulse generator in the range between 25khz to 44khz
??? square wave, sin wave or what...
*driving unit for piezo thingy's
???high impedance power amp or something else like a power multivibrator
*rezonant horns(been using some inverted tweeter hornes but they don't realy do the job)
???formulae,building or adapting hints
*piezomagnetics might be the way but the transducers are realy expensive
???hints on hou to build one from a ferrite torrus and coils

There are those who believe that it is wrong to answer posts such as yours

However it does make a change from the usual
"Help need schematic for a 555"

Have a look at the Patent Office website, designs for sonic weapons have been around for quite a while, Electrostatic Discharge Speakers will also provide some interesting reading..

You are quite right, weapons are dangerous thingys but i only use that in general terms, the project is about preventing intrusion in critical areas using a strong ultrasonic field.Thanks for the links they did provide some interesting reading

Well the pain threshold of the human ear is around 110db
A narrow corridor and a 2kw speaker sqeeling at the high end of the audible spectrum would certainly put your teeth on edge.

Though for sheer fun , you cannot beat connecting a "taser" to a pair of water pistols and a PIR :twisted:

2KW???? :shock: o boy you are quite a figure!!! i am trying with 20w and already all the dogs in the neibourhood are going suicidal, however, any ideea on a "little" 200w drive?maybe a modified H bridge or something?

The local dogs are going nuts because they can hear it, the freaquency falls inside their range, humans on the other hand are less sensitive at the upper ranges. The vibrations have to be strong enough to be physicaly felt as it were, conducted through the bone of the skull rather than transmitted and amplified by the mechanics of the ear canal.
The principle is to vibrate the inner ear directly , not only causing intense discomfort but affecting balance as well. Nausea and vomitting are also claimed for such devices.

The aerospace industry uses KW loudspeakers and amplifiers to create shake tables for vibration testing items such as fuel pumps and have seen one labled as being 5kw

use this

use a squar freq. it has more of a penitrating touch to it, giving it a better cut and faster rate. tri freq. is to complicated and takes months to adjust right. i havent made one my self but iv seen one and it operated with a squar freq., cinda cool too, use a 500watt drive, you and put holes in rocks with a consintrated beem, 1000watts, god knows what you can do.

Listen to Tansis

anything past 1000watt is very powerful, to go to 5kw is alot of power drain but can do what he say, shak tables. try somthing around 2kw-10kw, if you can find a power source that will pot out about 8kw lol, a one story house dosnt even produce 8kw, maby around 5 but not much higher.

Cod you guys get me a shematic for a electronic dog wistle?Batery powerd of course.

I think it wod be a cool project and think of the fun whith the dogs(i havent did anything i ultra sonic)

PS:
I one time fed 25 000 Hz in to my comuter speacers and opend the window!You cod heat abaot 5 dogs going nuts(I want more abaot 10 or even 15)

Impedance measurement

The circuit shown is a method to measure the impedance without fancy equipment. It is fairly accurate at audio frequencies. The formula may seem complicated, but by beasuring the voltage drop across the resistor and knowing the resistor value the current into the device is known. With the voltage a E2 the Z can be calculated. The formula takes all this into account.

Attachments

• impedance.JPG
    impedance.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 967
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back