Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ULN2003 complementary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

is there a PNP version of the ULN2003?
it would be nice if it was pin to pin compatible.
thanks in advance.

Allegro Microsystems has a lot of power driver ICs. In particular, they have **broken link removed**, which are sourcing ("PNP") drivers. Unfortunately, they are not pin compatible with the 2003 because they have eight sections, as opposed to 7 for the 2003.
BTW, I found these by searching for "pnp darlington array". Google is amazing if you give it a chance.

thanks. i have found a few things, but none was pin to pin compatible.
thanks for the help, though i haven't still found what i need.
hope i will....or someone else knows.

Apparently you want to drop this into a 2003 socket. What is the application?

well....
i have something that uses a ULN2003 and i was wondering if there was a somplementary version ...beacuse....i made the pcb and all that...but somewhere....(i was dizzy....) i thought that it was PNP..
and my application requires..PNP.
now..another thing. if i use a PNP and a NPN version, with outputs and inputs connected together can i get a buffer for digiral signals?
i was thinking to use such a thing for a motor control. i have 3 motors, and 400mA each. so using a ULN2003 and a pair conected together they could be great.
if not...i will have to use something else.
i know that there are already build buffers that can hold 0.5A but they are expensive. the ULN2003 i very cheap. i was hoping to find a complementary wich was also cheap.

bogdanfirst said:
<snip>now..another thing. if i use a PNP and a NPN version, with outputs and inputs connected together can i get a buffer for digiral signals?
i was thinking to use such a thing for a motor control. i have 3 motors, and 400mA each. so using a ULN2003 and a pair conected together they could be great.
<snip>
I don't understand this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back