Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

uln2003/2803 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z.K.

Either I have a bunch of bad 2003 and 2803 chips or I am doing something wrong in trying to get them to work. I tied pin 8 of the 2003 (pin 9 of 2803) to gnd, pin 9 (pin 10 of 2803) to +5v and I grounded pin 1 which is the first input. I should get a high out on pin 14 (16 on the 2803), but I don't. I get almost the same as the input about .05vdc. Am I doing something wrong? I am using the ground and +5v from an arduino. It should work as it can turn a relay on and off, but I cannot get the 2003 to work. I guess I just have some bad chips, but I thought I would check and see if there is anything else I need to do get this to work.

:confused:

The ULU2003 only pulls down. It can not pull up! If you look at the data sheet they show the load from supply (+5V) to the output pin. You need a load pulling up.
If there is nothing connected to the output pin it should never go high.

The ULU2003 only pulls down. It can not pull up! If you look at the data sheet they show the load from supply (+5V) to the output pin. You need a load pulling up.
If there is nothing connected to the output pin it should never go high.

Thanks, that makes more sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back