Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UK universities have stopped teaching analog electronics on Electronics degree courses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm in first year at Coventry doing EE and I can verify that we do do analogue electronics.
is that Coventry, Rhode Island, or Coventry, UK?

you do analog, but do you have a specific "switch mode power supply " module?

Heres a "trick" question on op-amps then.......if you are using an MCP601 opamp as a buffer (follower), and it is supplied with 3v3, then what happens if the voltage on the noninv input goes above 2.1V?
https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/21314g.pdf

Hehehe, I guess it can't go over 2.1V.

Any higher and it will violate the supply/input difference of 1.2V.

3.3-1.2 = 2.1 <- the boundary point. :p

This is Coventry UK. :| I am unsure if we have a whole module on smps, however that would probably be more in the electrical engineering domain. We tend to gravitate towards communications (I believe) in the third year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back