Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UK Primeminister discovers ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
my point wasnt that it would run over budget or anything like that. ALL projects they do run over budget, but at least the money would help people have jobs here.

eric even you cant think 35% of people voting for you and you winning is democratic? the voting system is a joke. For alot on here it matters little because most have lived through the days of jobs galore, my age group who will live with the crap decisions that have gone before.

You do realise that foreign companies employ British people and that this money will be used to pay British people's wages?

Of course the elections are democratic. People forget that you are not voting for a party in a general election, which is why a single party can get 37% (note not 35%) of the popular vote and win. You are voting for a local representative (MP) who will attend parliament for your area. The candidate with the most votes wins. How is that not fair? Besides, when you have a multi party system like ours, how on earth any single party is supposed to get a >50% of votes is crazy...

I suspect that you only mention this due to your political preferences... I don't know where you got 35% of popular vote from... Perhaps you got confused with labour's popular vote in 2005 which was 35%? I don't remember a fuss being kicked up then... Oops, sorry that was when democracy gave the correct result, isn't it?

My political preference won a huge majority without my vote, ok I was 2% out. Proportional representation is considered the fairest way not the system we have at present.

And employing a few British people to do the work isnt the same as giving British industry £25 bn worth of work, or cant you see that? then there is the question where will thees companies that build it pay corporation tax? My generation are way much switched on than you think.

As for not paying TAX eric is plain wrong, just about everything I buy I pay 20% tax on it (VAT), my mum has a company set up for me so I can make soap etc so I do in fact pay tax just not under my name. Funny how you got my political leaning wrong but I probably have yours totally correct, you use the same lame reasons as the party that is doing this.

Before your generation there was an empire and the UK started the industrial revolution, under recent stewardship (last 50 years or so) its gone downhill. Hopefully those of us that have engaged in political views early might be able to sort this mess out. But just so we are straight..........

I take it your view is we should give £25bn to foreign companies to build our critical infrastructure? China not being in europe will pay the tax it owes from profit in both selling the electric and the profit on the bit it makes to China, and yet we have a huge hole in our finances. so you consider this a good move?

That explains why we are in the trouble we are in.

*mutter, mutter* "empire" *mutter, mutter* "unjust system" *mutter, mutter* "blooming Chinese"....

Sorry is this the 1800's? What an enlightened view of the world. Might as well be the 1800's as I don't see any party which came close to a popular vote majority in 2015. The Torys got the most votes and the most seats. What's not fair about that?

I would love to see that at the Olympics "sorry Mr Bolt, but you didnt run at least twice as fast as anyone else, therefore you have to share your prize".

t0q3v.jpg

Last edited:
As for not paying TAX eric is plain wrong, just about everything I buy I pay 20% tax on it (VAT), my mum has a company set up for me so I can make soap etc so I do in fact pay tax just not under my name. Funny how you got my political leaning wrong but I probably have yours totally correct, you use the same lame reasons as the party that is doing this.

I am not interested in your political leaning, that is your personal business.

Its pretty obvious that the tax I was referring to is Income Tax. ie: Tax on earned income.

What particular Taxes do you pay for the soap company.?

Perhaps a provocative question, but I would consider it to be a reasonable question, to which 'ghostman' am I speaking to today.?

If The cousins are like the Yanks, business profit is taxed as well as acting as a tax agent by collecting the sales tax (VAT).

LG could be a sole proprietor DBA, or a LLC. I don't know how his business is structured.

I'm sure, if his income exceeds a certain amount, he pays income tax.

I am not interested in your political leaning, that is your personal business.

Its pretty obvious that the tax I was referring to is Income Tax. ie: Tax on earned income.

What particular Taxes do you pay for the soap company.?

Perhaps a provocative question, but I would consider it to be a reasonable question, to which 'ghostman' am I speaking to today.?

Thats pretty low eric all things considered. I know why you became bitter and I let it go, but aim higher above the belt please.

As for tax we didnt pay much this year (actually havnt paid anything yet!! the return is late), but mum will be paying whatever we are told we have to pay. I doubt it will be much though as earnings are not high.

As to being obvious about which tax you were referring too I find this ironic as one of the people who jump on others for not being specific! You stated I did not pay TAX, so now your wrong you move the goal post and state you meant income tax. Your getting sloppy at best or just dont like it when your shot down for being wrong.

Anyway I tried to have a reasonable discussion on a political issue that will have negative effects on the UK, same old people turn it into something else so i will leave this post alone.

If The cousins are like the Yanks, business profit is taxed as well as acting as a tax agent by collecting the sales tax (VAT).

LG could be a sole proprietor DBA, or a LLC. I don't know how his business is structured.

I'm sure, if his income exceeds a certain amount, he pays income tax.
Nothing is in my name but for my soap and some other bits I do mum set up a LTD (well 2 but lets keep it easy), this is similar I think to your LLC? I havnt heard of the DBA, but here there are mainly sole traders (and partnerships based on that) which is where you dont have to have audited accounts, then LTD's which you do have audited accounts but there are benefits as well and companies that are LTD are kind of taken more seriously. We did it because some of the things I need to use like certain chemicals you have to have a license, its very hard to get a civilian license but LTD companies dont need a license (yet), so we did it this way so when the restrictions are really tightened next year we are legit.

Also apparently next year if the turnover is large enough we can go VAT registered and claim VAT back, there is some other stuff but that is going above what I know in any detail.
I also steam clean tractors and boats and use diesel fuel so pay both VAT and fuel duty Tax on that as well. So all in all at 15 I pay more tax now than you did when you were my age and yet I dont get a say which idiot runs the country. I hope we get independence from England in the next couple of years

*mutter, mutter* "empire" *mutter, mutter* "unjust system" *mutter, mutter* "blooming Chinese"....

Sorry is this the 1800's? What an enlightened view of the world. Might as well be the 1800's as I don't see any party which came close to a popular vote majority in 2015. The Torys got the most votes and the most seats. What's not fair about that?

I would love to see that at the Olympics "sorry Mr Bolt, but you didnt run at least twice as fast as anyone else, therefore you have to share your prize".

t0q3v.jpg

so 63% didnt get what they wanted but because you did then you decide its fair!! since when did 37% represent what most people think or want?

What a laugh! xD

As a 20 year old Scot living in England you make me laugh with your presumptions. xD

You are quite amusing, have a couple of "funnies" on me. I would've loved to have seen the looks on the faces on the SNP had they got independence, only to watch their oil based economy crash months later.

What a laugh! xD

As a 20 year old Scot living in England you make me laugh with your presumptions. xD

You are quite amusing, have a couple of "funnies" on me. I would've loved to have seen the looks on the faces on the SNP had they got independence, only to watch their oil based economy crash months later.
LOL I can tell your a Scott, you lack imagination. Why does Scotland need oil to succeed? Has it not occurred to you why it is that westminster has allowed Scotland to raise Tax but not lower it?

In case you dont get it..........

If Scotland was independent and dropped the bankers levy and lowered corporation Tax a few percent, where are companies likely to locate? Edinburgh or London? Now lets say we could raise or lower the tax here and do as we please, Scotland has a huge distilling industry and could drop the silly charge on Bio fuel. So in theory the distilleries could run year round instead of every few years and produce ethanol for biofuel.
But no just over 50% of the Scottish population lacked imagination and courage, they went with the rubbish Brown spouted and backed out. READ THIS BIT, the NEXT referendum will go through with a YES.

If not then sadly Scotland deserves to be ruled by England. At what point in history did you Scots loose your balls? So at 20 your either at uni (not bright enough for st Andrews though) or you work for a English company. Thanks for the free LOL's but they wernt needed! I have been laughing alot you already ;)

EDIT

Damn I got caught! 5 years a member and only 42 posts! So basically someones alter ego to troll with. Sorry I thought you were a real member, please tell me you dont have plane schematics from the 80's!! That would really be funny

Last edited:
Wow LG, something has got you all fired up tonight!

As a 15 (?) year old who came to live in Scotland about two years ago, you have certainly taken the SNP cause to heart.

Yeah its poor and yet I am still 10 x smarter now than you will be in another 20 years ;)
And modest too, I admire modesty.

JimB

LG ... here the sole proprietors can be DBA (Doing Business As) or LLC (Limited Liability Company). The differences are DBA, the lawyers can come after your assets. The LLC, your responsible for a minimum amount of money and they go after the LLC assets.

Thats pretty low eric all things considered. I know why you became bitter and I let it go, but aim higher above the belt please.

J, you know why I became suspicious about what you post and who is posting, its because of all the b/s you fed to me and others on chat a few years back, most of which was pure fantasy.
At that time I was naive enough to believe you as I considered that we were friends.

Regarding VAT, you have to be earning in excess of £82,000 pa to be liable for a VAT return.
Are you using the Monthly, Quarterly or Annual for VAT returns.?

Anyway I tried to have a reasonable discussion on a political issue that will have negative effects on the UK, same old people turn it into something else so i will leave this post alone.

You have to realise that when you create an emotive thread , your peers have the right to respond accordingly, if you cannot handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Sheesh, what another sh1t fest ppl...

I really hope that someone sensible will close this thread before it gets any worse.

There's good reason why religion, politics and the girl next door's sexual preferences should not be topics to be freely discussed in a public forum such as this. These topics may have their place elsewhere on the internet, but imho it's not here at Electro-Tech.

Here's something to ponder on. The persistent spam bot that creates a thread and then sticks up an ad for face cream or some such, is instantly closed and the content deleted, yet this kind of rubbish is allowed to be in everyones face that visits the site, over days or weeks. Not to mention linked to/ copied etc to farcebook and who knows where else nowadays. How does that really make anyone taking any active part in this thread look in the eyes of the world? I think I would rather see the adverts for face cream than this drivel.

Wow LG, something has got you all fired up tonight!

As a 15 (?) year old who came to live in Scotland about two years ago, you have certainly taken the SNP cause to heart.

And modest too, I admire modesty.

JimB
I dont have much choice Jim, I think they are my best shot of a bad bunch. Also I am pretty sure there will be another vote at some point in the next few years, as for modesty I will concede that one :D.

Eric its LG, I didnt know the threshold was that high. If you read the post I said if we were high enough then next year we would register for VAT. You can/could voluntarily register, I am no longer sure on this as I am pretty sure when we registered it the threshold was lower??? I could have that wrong. But anyway we are not registered for VAT and we would need more turnover than I think we will get next year to register. The only temptation is if we have more to claim back from the set up.
Me I dont file a thing, mum does that and is late at the moment (my fault) I dont have much to do with that side so when we do register (if) how its done will be a decision for her and the accountant not me.

Joe thats the same thing I think as our sole traders, mostly used for small start ups and toes in the water. Its what I would have liked to have done but needed a more formal set up because of the europe wide laws on restricted chemicals. I here even over there you have trouble with pre cursor chems, here its mostly things that go bang at the moment, and they have a thing about conc nitric acid.

I started the thread out of concern for a government that is spending huge sums on a large project, proclaims to want a northern powerhouse and yet steel mills are closing. We got in trouble because we bailed out banks and they were seen as having to be protected, Most of the replies have not been based on what I posted but personal attacks.

You can make it as personal as you like this time I am not leaving I am using the ignore button. I wonder which of the pathetic s are super spit??

Anyway if you want to discuss this in a sensible manner go ahead, if you intend to attack me personally your wasting your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back