Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Peter From UK Says Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeusMC

Hi all, when I joined the forum I did look for an introduction area but couldn't find one but just found this.

So..... a bit about myself, you can find out about my electronics interest, on my recent schematic post. Other interests, was a member of the British Woodcarvers Association for several years, attending their Thursday evening class at Abindon, Oxford UK. Also attended the Bowood Carving and Woodworking Club https://bowoodcarvers.co.uk/. Member for several years of Master woodcarver Chris Pyes online carving school as well as Mary Mays online traditional carving school. I'm also very into woodwork, joinery. I have tablesaw, surface planer ( jointer ) bandsaw, spindle moulder ( wood shaper ) have cill blocks, panel raising heads etc, for the spindle too, Multico tennoner machine, handplanes. The list goes on and on........ the pain..... never stops:)

Also into sandblast surface etching, carving into glass also stained glass. I'm lifelong teetotal and am Vegan, enjoy running. Keen on wildlife and green concerns.
Oh, also Rock n Roll, electric blues slide guitar, pedal steel, virtual synths, electronic drum kit, lead, rhythm. Read music, did ( for wot its worth ) evening classes at Goldsmiths College of Music in London. Also been buying tools to start making electric guitars, with my carving on them, been getting parts for these from China, load cheaper than same in UK, even though had to wait a couple of weeks. Things like tremolo units, fret wire bender, fret wire, fret wire cutters, clone copies of expensive guitar pickups. Also been buying essential tools from UK luthiers

This forum is great, you guys really know your stuff, I'm pretty much a beginner. So am hoping you guys will put me right, when I put my foot in it getting, things all wrong.
Best wishes,
Peter....... and remember Covid-19....... stay safe out there:)

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 287
  • B.JPG
    B.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 286
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 276
  • D.JPG
    D.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 283
  • M1.JPG
    M1.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 268
  • S1.JPG
    S1.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Welcome. What area of electronics are you interested in? Analogue, digital, RF, microcontrollers, programming. The area that the electronics umbrella covers is getting bigger as time progresses.

Mike.

Uum, well I'm working through beginner theory just right now, how components work, Ohms law, power, swotting up on my maths a bit.
Speaking for myself, my approach to learning, seems to be, jump in at the deep end, then start to connect up the dots.
That said, interested in Analogue, RF.
Peter.

Let us know when you start the thing to help you with the other thing, that's for a different thing, that you needed for the original thing, but you found you need a thing for, but you couldn't do that until you have a thing. 'Kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back