Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART send and receive help

Status
Not open for further replies.

john blue

My UART keeps sending data out after a character is received. May I know how to do so that, when i send once, it will receive once without ussing interrupt if possible?

Here you go:

#include <p18f4550.h>
#include <usart.h>
#include <delays.h>
#include <uart.h>
#include <stdio.h>

void main()
{
char data;
char mybuff [] = "Hello";
char mybuff1 [] = "Hell of UART";
int flag=0,count=0;
TRISBbits.TRISB0=1;
TRISBbits.TRISB2=0;
TRISAbits.TRISA4=0;
ADCON1 = 0b00001110;

OpenUSART(USART_TX_INT_OFF & USART_RX_INT_OFF & USART_ASYNCH_MODE &
USART_EIGHT_BIT & USART_CONT_RX& USART_BRGH_LOW, 255);

while(1)
{

if (flag){
putsUSART( mybuff );
flag=0;
}

if(DataRdyUSART()) // This means 'loop here until we get a new character in the receive buffer'
{
data = getcUSART();
if (data=='A'){
putsUSART( mybuff );
}
#if 0
else if ( data == 'b'){
putsUSART( mybuff1);
}
else
putcUSART(data);
#endif
}
else {

if (data=='A'){
if (flag == 1){
putsUSART( mybuff );
flag=0;
}
}
}

}
CloseUSART();
}

I need it to repeat the displayed message according to the number that the user key in in the hyperterminal . Thanks :)

if(DataRdyUSART()) // This means 'loop here until we get a new character in the receive buffer'

No it doesn't. The program won't wait here until data is ready. It data isn't ready, it'll jump to this code:

Code:
else {

if (data=='A'){

You need to pay much more attention to your brackets and program branches! If you want a loop that will wait for an event, the way to do that is like this:

Code:

if(!(DataRdyUSART())){}' // This means 'loop here until we get a new character in the receive buffer'

else ......

Or even better:

Code:
while(!(DataRdyUSART())){}' // This means 'loop here until we get a new character in the receive buffer'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back