Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART + Eclipse Tool Chain (LPC2378)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samkim1

Hi Friends,

Am stuck up in a problem.I am not able to get any characters on the
terminal for the UART project under Eclipse platform(LPC2378).I have
attached the file, I am able to generate the hex file without any errors
but finally no character are echoed on the terminal.
Thank You.

Attachments

• UART.zip
    1,008 KB · Views: 295
Hey while im not on that IC it seems like maybe you should have started that small first...

Like make a new project and test out UART only control with fixed values..

Im using a LPC2148 and my UART works at 19200 on 12 MHz no issue with:

Code:
void UART1_Init(void)
{
  PINSEL0 |= 0x00050000;
  U1LCR = 0x83;  
  U1DLM = 0;			
  U1DLL = 0x27;  
  U1FCR = 0x07;
  U1LCR = 0x03;	
}

I have to also say im using crossworks for arm.

Last edited:
Hi AtomSoft & friends

HI AtomSoft & friends

Thanks for your reply.I got a new LPC 2378 board but without a Standard compiler like KEIL or IAR Workbench.Normally in internet you get the trial versions of KEIL and others but if your code size increases you cannot generate an HEX file.Firstly I compiled the same code in KEIL, it works normally but if you compile and get the HEX from ECLIPSE tool chain, not even a single character is echoed on the terminal.

thats what i hate about this stuff. Your code is huge. I dont have time to look through it all.

Hence why i said redo it just for UART and test it. This way you get a feel for the code and compiler.

Many compilers have custom headers and different ways of enabling interrupts and other things. Hence why i code it all out. Its easier to port it over.

I never used ECLIPSE. I dont even know how to setup the whole thing.

Im a hobbiest but i shelled out the $150 for that Crossworks since it worked well in 30 day trial.

i suggest if you want to save headaches then just buy something more stable. But if you want i can try to help you though this. I just need to know what you have setup...

ECLISPE and what other tools are you using?

Can you make me a list so i can install and try to work on it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back