Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tv problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexter

hi. I've a problem with my lovely tvset. When I'm trying to wach usual channels it is bouncing between the channel and scart (even if nothing is connected to it). If I connect any device to scart, it runs properly most of the time (sometimes bounces even when using scart). Sometimes it is possible to watch normal channels when scart is active. Is there any sort of common solution to such a problem?

PS!

Going to tv-service center is much more expensive than trashing the old tv and buying a new one. Still wanna try to fix it.

Thanx!

DONT OPEN IT!!! Tvs are extremely dangerous! They have around 25KV inside to power the cathode tube! My best advise to fixing your TV by hand: DONT OPEN IT!!!

lexter said:
hi. I've a problem with my lovely tvset. When I'm trying to wach usual channels it is bouncing between the channel and scart (even if nothing is connected to it)
Most likes to be the TV tuner has the problem.

Not only the channel skipping problem, cannel change randomly, Loss of picture, Noisy or muted sound can cause to this too.

Causing with bad solder connections or tuning problem in the TUNER and IF boxes which makes the sense.
Removing or adjusting (if can) the TUNER and IF boxes from the main board can eliminate your problem.

But better you show to a TV repair technician & get solve the problem.

Will see other guys replies for this matter.

This sounds likely to be due to dry joints or dried out capacitors in the circuitry around the signal switching I/c.

PM me with the model number usually on a label on the rear of the set and I may be able to help you more.

I must agree with the above posting however. DO NOT ATTEMPT A DIY REPAIR

well, the DIY repair is not the problem, actually. Not the first tvset to be fixed by hand. :) still alive. However, thanx for the advices. Seems like it is really the buggy tuner. But the problem is that the pcb is multilayer and i just have to find a new board for it. Don't wanna bother resoldering that piece. :)

It's Highly unlikley to be the tuner.

If the set is switching to the SCART then the video input switching chip is causing the problem not the tuner I still stick to my origional claim that afew touches of the soldering Iron in the area may well cure the fault. However the capacitors are also suspect.

Rick

TV that changes it’s channels. I want one that changes every time the commercials are on.

Do you have a remote? It might be the remote is sending out commands. Cover up the eye where the TV sees the remote signals.

It might be the keyboard on the TV has a stuck button. Try playing with the buttons. One or more buttons may be making contact.

My TV has a similar problem. It only happens when my son is home. I found he has a second remote control.

well, i'm 100% sure that it is not the remote or keys on tv. Basically, those are fine, because i've been using it for a couple of days withou batteries in the remote ... So, it's smth different.

Now, new info was discovered, that if tv is turned on and off for a number of times, then the problem is gone until it is turned off again. Any comments about this?

Also, if the problem is temporarily fixed with "on/off" solution, then it might start playing with channels again after few hours of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back