Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

turn on my screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

joefam

i want to turn on a cordless screwdriver with a timer. i have a kitchen timer if i can use it. the screwdriver is a 6 volt black&decker and the timer is a presto 04212 1.5aaa battery. i would like to set it to tune on in 8 hr. please help me.

One question. Why?

Major hack

Pull the switch out of the screwdriver. Get a relay with a 110V coil. Power the relay with the timer and use the normally open contacts to turn on the screwdriver.

A kitchen timer might be hard to hack for a project like this. Modern mass produced PCBs are sometimes about impossible to modify. At very least, using the kitchen timer would require an additional circuit to drive an kind of switch.

As Mike asked, what exactly are you trying to do with this? Once it turns on, what will shut it off? I am guessing the screwdriver is hooked to something..... does it need a limit switch or something to shut it back off when it has done its work?

Building an 8 hour timer from scratch is going to be a pain in butt. Do you have access to AC line voltage here? Or does everything need to run off batterys?

**broken link removed**

But like Andy asked..."what will shut it off"?

Ken

I'm keen to guess - I say the screwdriver is hooked up to a winch that opens a door to let a housepet through.

Perhaps a roll-up door. So roll up, roll up... place your bets. What's this device going to be? Something practical or nefarious? Household device or farmyard implement? A battery-powered boon to benefit beagles or a timed terror to trap turkeys?

screw driver

I'm keen to guess - I say the screwdriver is hooked up to a winch that opens a door to let a housepet through.

Perhaps a roll-up door. So roll up, roll up... place your bets. What's this device going to be? Something practical or nefarious? Household device or farmyard implement? A battery-powered boon to benefit beagles or a timed terror to trap turkeys?

My guess: To stir the morning Tang breakfast drink.:rolleyes::confused:

i want to turn on a cordless screwdriver with a timer. i have a kitchen timer if i can use it. the screwdriver is a 6 volt black&decker and the timer is a presto 04212 1.5aaa battery. i would like to set it to tune on in 8 hr. please help me.

If it's to charge it, the hardware store sells timers like that. A lot of people use them to turn on coffee makers in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back