TTL to 6V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculus

Dear Friends,

I require +6V to close a switch, I am using a TTL pulse to close the switch. Is there anyway to change the +5V to +6V using a device, when the TTL pulse goes back to 0V the device also needs to go back to 0V ?

Thank you very much.

Calculus

hi,

Can you tell us what the 'Switch' and TTL devices are ? - a little circuit diagram might help..

Dear Wp100,

The Switch is actually not a switch, my mistake. It is a device like a relay, that responds to a 6V level to close it but 0V to open it. I have to however only use this relay because it is very fast : rise time ~1microsec.

The TTL signal is the control. It simply goes to the control pin of the device. This TTL signal originated from a counter board.

I was thinking of inserting a comparator between the counter board and the relay. I actually wanted your advice if a comparator will do the job and if you could recommend a part number.

Thank you kindly

Calculus

Hi,

Think this is what you are after - use 6v instead of the shown 12v.
The transistor depends on the current your switch needs - for under 500ma a BC337 would do.

Attachments

• relay_example.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 588
Hi,

Think this is what you are after - use 6v instead of the shown 12v.
The transistor depends on the current your switch needs - for under 500ma a BC337 would do.
Thanks Wp100,

Much appreciated.

Calculus

TTL guaranteed output levels are 0.4v to 2.8v with specs on current sourced and current sinked at each level. The output TTL V-I curves help to give you a more accurate solution.

Sometimes you need a b-e resistor to make sure the xsistor fully turns off when driven by a TTL gate.

Depending on what you are driving and the signal sense you require, a single silicon diode in series with the relay device, with the cathode connected to the TTL gate, might work. Then you are using the gate output as an open-collector pulldown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…