Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to choose the right controller please help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nihal_2000

Sorry guy’s may be these are silly question, but as I am trying to design a graphic calculator…I got to know this before I choose one microcontroller.
1. Can AVR’s programmed same way as 8051?
2. I am trying for a graphic calculator for algebra, trigonometric functions with images…which microcontroller do you think will be suitable?
3. If we designed some application for 8051, can it be used with AVR?
Sorry guy’s …..I am just trying to get the right controller….Please help me
Thank you!

Last edited:
I do agree to you birdmano…..we are in a group (four)……….we will try dude…this is actually for our school…..hope it finishes quickly…thx

Can AVR’s programmed same way as 8051?
Not the same way but in a similar way.

If we designed some application for 8051, can it be used with AVR?
This application (compiled program) can not be used with AVR since it was compiled for 8051. But if you compile for AVR and make some changes to use AVR resources then you can reuse most of your code.

When's it due?

I'm going to offer you some advice about your project, based on your other posts I assume you've never built a 4 function calc let alone a scientific graphing calculator. (and since you're asking which microcontroller to use you've probably not done much microcontroller programming) It is a very difficult project IMO.

Try building a virtual version of your target device using Windows or Linux, do not use an object oriented C but instead a relic like Turbo C 2.0 (you can download it free just google it) This code can be used as a basis for your embedded version.

If your team cannot get a functioning virtual version on a Windows / Linux platform you have zero chance of an embedded version.

Just my 2c

Hi blueroomelectronics...thanks for your advice....you are right...I never did anything in embeded using C or assembly language. I am a web designer ....I learn t C in my collage days....and assembly on 8085. I am good in advance data base web design...i did few project using AIR as well.
Sorry no more bragging I really wanted to do this project for a school....this is not going to be as equal as HP series of graphic cal., we are just planing to some thing visual to make kids life easy.....help me on times.....wish us a good luck....I am trying virtual version...lets hope all positive!
Thanks my friend!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back