Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trust in covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was introduced in 2008, if I remember correctly.

UK retailers always denied it applied to them, until you showed it in written form - and then only under protest.

Certainly didn't apply in the UK in 2008 - as documentation from the UK government clearly showed back then - and the only EU documentation I ever saw showed the 2 years as a poor imitation of the 6 year SOGA we already had here, and not a blanket 2 year warranty (just as SOGA wasn't a blanket 6 year one).

If you produced an EU document in 2008 any competent retailer would simply produce the official UK legislation, which the UK government actually supplied for the retailers via their trade organisations.

Still, if you could bully an incompetent retailer, all well and good :D

Except hospitals i am ok with that - If it will be in czech. Its summer...

The face mask thing is pretty ludicrous anyway, the home made ones and surgical masks have little effect, and that only lasts about 20 minutes in any case.

Homemade face masks
Homemade face masks only offer a small degree of protection, but they may help prevent the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from asymptomatic people.

The CDC recommends using them in public settings, as well as practicing physical distancing and proper hygiene.

Surgical masks
Surgical masks can’t protect against infection with SARS-CoV-2. Not only does the mask not filter out smaller aerosol particles, but air leakage also occurs through the sides of the mask as you inhale.

Blue cases, black deads.
It seems that vaccinations is working.

1625595762241.png

source

Last edited:
The face mask thing is pretty ludicrous anyway, the home made ones and surgical masks have little effect, and that only lasts about 20 minutes in any case.
Face masks block liquid droplets that can transfer viral particles or bacteria when someone is talking or coughs / sneezes etc.
Noone (or noone sensible) has ever claimed they filter virus particles.

The latest research strongly suggests otherwise:
The researchers found that wearing a mask while talking reduced particles directly through the mask by an average of 93%, from the bottom by 91%, the sides by 85% and the top by 47%, although with substantial variability between individuals. They got similar results for coughing.

“While air escape does limit the overall efficiency of surgical masks at reducing expiratory particle emissions, such masks nonetheless provide substantial reduction,” Cappa said. “Our results confirm that mask-wearing provides a significant reduction in the probability of disease transmission via expiratory particles, especially when both infected and susceptible individuals wear masks.”

The latest research strongly suggests otherwise:

Seems unlikely, when all previous research shows the exact opposite - and the masks don't even stop particles as small as the Covid virus in the first place. Considering vaccination in the Netherlands is very slow, and they have just abandoned mask wearing, they don't seem to expect much from them.

There are two type of researchers. Ones that trust that wearing mask is pointless and ones that trust in exactly opposite. Its like reading RT news or CNN at the same time.

If you don't trust peer reviewed research; ask a nurse if s/he would do their job without ppe.

I'd say that the mask rule effectiveness figures are skewed by the number of people that ignore the rule or refuse to wear a mask covering both nose and mouth. Also those wearing unsuitable "dust mask" type masks that have exhaust valves, bypassing any filtering!

I've travelled internationally (as part of my work) several times in the last few months and seen large numbers of people in airports with masks below their nose, possibly one in 20 - out of thousands of travellers. Plus people who simply refuse to wear them for whatever reason.

And valved masks have next to zero filtering effect when someone coughs or sneezes, as small droplets can just follow the airflow straight out.

Where i said that i dont trust that?

The latest variants (Delta, Gamma, Lambda) are so contagious that previous data on the effectiveness of most masks with the original strain are not accurate.
"Delta is 55% more transmissible than the Alpha variant, which was itself around 50% more transmissible than the original Wuhan virus"

It's evolved to be "hypertransmissible" and to effectively bypass casual mask usage. The unvaccinated are in a race they can't win with just masks.

The vaccine is so much more effective than cloth masks in preventing delta spread that most governments have given up on strict masking and are going all out to vaxx ASAP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back