Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Truly free energy........Ion farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Before we get started, FREE energy in this sense means energy you are not paying for. I have posted this in relation to another ongoing thread on here. I wanted to use it as an example to the OP. In the other thread it was mentioned that the 'thingy'also worked with a radio on, the coil he was using would light the led bulb. by simply having a radio on.......

So because he is saying he wants to learn, i went looking for examples to show him and maybe some stuff we could copy. The idea from my perspective, apart from building stuff was to show that out is always lower than in (no free lunch). But I stumbled on a video about an ion farm, what staggers me is this place has been running for over ten years.

I am guessing they havnt shut it down because I guess it would be a nightmare working out who the farm was stealing from! To me this is a great example for the OP, if he set one up he could power his lights FREE OF CHARGE!!! Yeah ok we are going to skip over the theft bit for now. But from the OP's perspective in the other thread, this kind of video sounds plausible. And to be totally fair to others, in a sense unless you know how it works, then yes you could run your electric stuff for free out of fresh air.

Now I am not going to give the game away in this first post, please dont explain yet how it works. At least let the OP of the other thread take a look and give an opinion.

It also got me thinking...........with so much radio energy etc and mobile phone masts, let alone the vast number of electric pylons, it is more than possible to run things without paying for it. In many cases I doubt they could prove theft, or at least from whom you are thieving! Funny how you tube takes some of the vids offline for safety reasons, and yet blatant theft videos are ok!!!

Anyway I will link back on the other thread, have a look at this and see if your as astounded as I am that these people are not in prison!!!

its only the first few bits.

I WONDER where the IONS are coming from.Hmmmmmm. :D:D:D:D

Mods this is not a plug for OU, its me trying to show someone that not everything that looks free is actually free, someone is patiny for it ;).

2.54 is great!! I quote...." up in the air is alot of particles electrically charged, we wont go into the details of where they come from...." LMAO I bet he dosnt want to go into where they come from :p, wet myself laughing at that one. Please Please tell us where these particles come from lol. Isnt like its theft if they are just floating about in the air is it :D.

The Ions are coming from nature due to the voltage potential difference between the earth surface and the ionosphere or any number of electrostatically charged atmospheric particles like common clouds or most any area of greater particle density and activity.

The videos are interesting but the reality is despite the size of their collector array the overall amperage behind all that voltage is tiny. I'm guessing that on their 'Very active days' their total collection power is less than a watt or two despite being 10's to 100's of KV peak.

Interesting but for the most part largely useless given the amount of materials and costs involved to generate a tiny amount of power that most any small solar panel, wind generator or black body absorption/radiation based thermoelectric generator could do at any time in a far less volume and cost.

Apparently they work great if left under high voltage power lines, or near to mobile phone masts etc etc :D.

Years ago I lived in Grand Forks ND and was right under a large primary distribution line that ran through town. One of the poles for it was in my yard right next to the old garage and it had one of the big surge suppressor units for one phase on it.
The one winter I hooked the ground lead while getting my old pickup unstuck and broke the wire. Rathe than report it I played with it for a while being it would pull a ~1/4 - 1/2" arc with a few milliamps current when shorted out.

Given that, I experimented with it by running that low current HV feed through an old microwave oven transformer to try and step it down to something more practical.

Interesting result was I could get something like 10 - 12 volts ~ 1 amp usable power off it! :cool:

Not enough to do anything practical with it but it was enough free power to run an old automotive brake light bulb in my garage as a night light. :D

Years ago I lived in Grand Forks ND and was right under a large primary distribution line that ran through town. One of the poles for it was in my yard right next to the old garage and it had one of the big surge suppressor units for one phase on it.
The one winter I hooked the ground lead while getting my old pickup unstuck and broke the wire. Rathe than report it I played with it for a while being it would pull a ~1/4 - 1/2" arc with a few milliamps current when shorted out.

Given that, I experimented with it by running that low current HV feed through an old microwave oven transformer to try and step it down to something more practical.

Interesting result was I could get something like 10 - 12 volts ~ 1 amp usable power off it! :cool:

Not enough to do anything practical with it but it was enough free power to run an old automotive brake light bulb in my garage as a night light. :D
LOL free shed power! Now that is worth doing :p

10 - 12 watts doesn't go very far. :(

depends on the watts, I hear 7 watts is easy to light with a ball bearing magnet :D

That was ~20 years ago. :sorry:

Now if something can't produce at least a KW or more I don't find it worth playing with. ;)

Well seeing as I got the wire ordered I been looking at coils, I might have another go at the magnetic levitation thing, this time a hall sensor and maybe a push pull driver.

I tried it for a school project ages ago, I wanted to slowly rotate a globe suspend in air. Didnt work well with IR, but a decent H bridge and Linear hall effect might do it. Ignore me its late and I am thinking out loud!! I prefer mW to KW, kind of neat to do things with tiny amounts of power, I got the Linear Technology energy harvest kit. Really good all in one boost chips on the board. Sil labs also do one as part of a kit, a full micro dev board driven by the heat of your hand, that was pretty neat with a peltier cell. Some of there dev boards run well under 1mA.

One code snipit does a clock on the boards LCD using special sleep modes, it pulls around 15uA, which makes some long term data loggers possible with coin cells. HV stuff dosnt interest me that much.

depends on the watts, I hear 7 watts is easy to light with a ball bearing magnet :D

Seems what's his name is already onto another forum (full on engineering forum at that so that's going to be a tough crowd to play his routine to!) and already getting torn apart just as he did here. :facepalm:

https://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/112054

Also I am apparently following him around and harassing him despite having joined that forum some ~8 years earlier than he did. :confused:

You dont seem the harassing type to me :D.

Nice forum, actually I like the link to the OU forum as well!! Man I thought you tube had nuters on it!! That place OU is like a religion.........Really scary what some people believe.

The CR4 guys are pretty good all the way around being the majority of them are higher end professional engineers, technicians and hobbyists representing the upper end of the IQ bell curve and act as such.

It's why I have been there as long as I have. The site is well ran (bit clunky to get around on though.) and people are pretty respectful toward anyone who doesn't go ff on wild idiot tangents or extreme political and or religious stuff.

And believe me, they love seeing DIY hands on creations to an almost annoying fault regardless of how basic or advanced it may be. Start making something and ask for advice and you will probably get buried in professional based approaches to your problem to the point its annoying being some have hard time differentiating between down and dirty get by cheap home personal use DIY from full on unlimited budget commercial application where life depends on it design work. :facepalm:

I had free energy once .... Until the neighbor discovered my extension cord plugged into his outdoor outlet.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back