Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble Saving New Spice Model to LTSpice Component Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuseless

I can add diodes and MOSFETs to the standard.dio and standard.nmos libraries but not bipolar transistors to the standard.bjt library in LTSpice. With bipolar transistors only, two different types of formats open using WordPad. One seems to have a normal appearance that looks similar to a rich text file and the other has a strange appearance with all capital letters that are spaced one letter space apart. If I edit the the latter, not only does the standard.bjt file or library become inaccessible, LTSpice has to be reinstalled to correct the problem. If I try to add a new spice model to the rich text style file, a dialog box pops up and says " Access to C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\lib\cmp\standard.bjt was denied". Once again, I have no trouble adding new diode and MOSFET spice models to their perspective files.

What gives?

two different types of formats open using WordPad.
Using Notepad or Notepad++ I see only one format (plain text). Have you imported models from some Spice program not compatible with LTS?

I can add diodes and MOSFETs to the standard.dio and standard.nmos libraries but not bipolar transistors to the standard.bjt library in LTSpice. With bipolar transistors only, two different types of formats open using WordPad. One seems to have a normal appearance that looks similar to a rich text file and the other has a strange appearance with all capital letters that are spaced one letter space apart. If I edit the the latter, not only does the standard.bjt file or library become inaccessible, LTSpice has to be reinstalled to correct the problem. If I try to add a new spice model to the rich text style file, a dialog box pops up and says " Access to C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\lib\cmp\standard.bjt was denied". Once again, I have no trouble adding new diode and MOSFET spice models to their perspective files.

What gives?

Don't use wordpad. It inserts its own formatting characters that are not compatible with certain programs.
Use notepad or notepad++

Always backup the file before editing

You shouldn't need to re-install to fix the standard.xxx files. Make backup copies of the files, then perform a "Sync Release" and that should replace all the existing files. You can then restore the standard.xxx files you want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back