Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trap autoresponder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoote

Hi,
down here in Australia, we have need to trap wildlife for surveys and relocation. These traps are set in remote areas and need to be checked constantly to detect trapped wildlife.

I'd like to build a trap autoresponder. I'd like a system that sends a text message to my mobile phone when the trap is triggered.

These traps are small cage traps, used for catching cat size animals. The traps have a wire mesh, spring loaded trap door that could carry a switch or sensor to detect a closed trap door. How do I then convert this into a text message?

I realise I will need a mobile phone and a solar panel charger and a small storage battery.

The problem is converting the shut trap door switch or sensor to a text message.

All help appreciated

Aus

Hehe,

this circuit does even more than you expected. If the trap is closed you never know if the animal was smart enough to escape. Connecting a motion sensor to any of the channels will tell you a successful trapping.

If the trap is closed and empty you might prepare the trap for the next round by automatically opening the door also remotely via one of the output channels.

That way you can easily handle two traps in close vicinity.

This helps staying away from work and to put on weight. :D

Watch out for martens. They might eat themselves through the cables. :)

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back