Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What can of relay or system do I need to use for 7000V rat trap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna_1000

Please forgive if some information or diagrams are missing, I will provide any information you consider necessary if you ask for it in the thread. As you might soon discover I have no background/knowledge in electrical engineering.

I will start working on a project to build an electric rat trap, similar to this:

A friend of mine found what I think is a boost converter that a friend of his built and outputs 7000V (according to a drawing we found).

The trigger could be a motion sensor, distance sensor or laser interruptor.

Then I thought to trigger a relay. I have this kind of relay: tinyurl.com/4chj9yt7

Can this tiny relay handle it?

If it is a matter of power (watts), can I know how much power is coming out of the boost converter (that is, can I find out the current)?

Any general thoughts on the project?

Thanks!

Can it switch 7000 volts? I assume it is DC output.

ANSWER: Absolutely not. By two orders of magnitude.

On the other hand, it might be sufficient to switch the primary voltage.

7000 V sounds more like a mouse exploder. What is that thing?

ak

7000 V sounds more like a mouse exploder. What is that thing?

The guy that built it made it for seed treatment I think. Photo attached:
145005744_3921774954512346_590119619106857913_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back