Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transponder key fob projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevb

Hi I am new to forum
Can anyone direct me to any transponder key fob projects?
Thank you

Hi thank you for the info but they do not use transponder technology
I am looking to construct a system for opening a gate at a local boating club
There are about 100 members.
I would like to use the cheap key ring transponders each having a different code
New transponders could be added or deactivated as new members join or expired members go.
We are using standard keys at the moment which is a pain not to mention the expense
With a system that I could construct would give a lot of satisfaction.
Regards

your wording is ambiguous. "Transponder" to me sounds like a remote control, which would explain the links in the first reply. What you're looking for is an RFID system.

Check out phidgetsusa.com, they sell USB RFID readers and all sorts of tags, including keychain/card/button/pill shaped, etc - with the USB reader you'd need to hook it up to a computer and let the computer handle the access control. You can also get RFID readers with an RS232 serial interface which would be easy to interface with a microcontroller if you want it to be a small standalone unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back