Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitting towards Personal Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessUpMymind

hi there,

i currently are learning license free wireless transmission through nigel's tutorial 12. while i try to understand the coding , there's some line i have fall into and i am unsure.. part of the receiver side coding for tutorial 12 the last part (tutorial 12.5) which interfacing PC and PIC using RS232 , nigel did convert those data from hexadecimal into decimal and also stated in the tutorial page as follows:-

"The receiver converts the two 10 bit values into decimal, and sends them to the PC over RS232 as ASCII characters, separated by a comma, and ended with a CR/LF - this will display nicely in HyperTerminal, and is easily imported into many PC programs"

in that case , if my receiver side output just go to some normal application (matrix display) i do not need to convert it to decimal right??

thanks for reaching me some help =)

Regards
TK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back