Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistors??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nye

i recently got a Dick Smith electronics book from Australia..in the circuits in those books they use the DS548 NPN transistor and the DS558 PNP transisotor..my local electronics shop says tht these must transistors made by dick smith...i remember once buying the C828 NPN transistor instead of the DS548..could anybody tell me the corresponding PNP transistor for the C828, or could u tell me a better subsitute for both..these are needed for simple circuits such as LED flashers, light activated switches etc...

nye said:
i recently got a Dick Smith electronics book from Australia..in the circuits in those books they use the DS548 NPN transistor and the DS558 PNP transisotor..my local electronics shop says tht these must transistors made by dick smith...i remember once buying the C828 NPN transistor instead of the DS548..could anybody tell me the corresponding PNP transistor for the C828, or could u tell me a better subsitute for both..these are needed for simple circuits such as LED flashers, light activated switches etc...

Presumably those are Dick Smith references, and NOT actual transistor numbers?. I imagine they are BC548 and BC558? - they are simply general purpose small silicon transistors, any similar general purpose devices will replace them.

The C828 could be a 2SC828, the 2S is sometime omitted.
2n3904 and 2n3906 could be reasonable substitutes.
In reality, just about any small signal transistor will do.
JimB

To me it sounds like most general purpose transistors will work but I need to see some schematics before I can be certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back