Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Ignition shematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This circuit ive used as a coil checker, its part of an electronic ignition kit by Silicon Chip.

Attachments

• IGN coil driver.JPG
    IGN coil driver.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,759
  • IGN pickups.JPG
    IGN pickups.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,112
[quote} its a real small circuit. does this works too?please give detailed information about reliability.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, very simple, but you must find the equivilent or better parts locally. You can find the datasheets at mouser.com

wht do you mean "better parts" ? i tried finding these parts but shop nearby me does not have these. i will try searching in wholesale market tomorrow. or i will find other one. how to make hall sensor plate? simple hole in plate?

dear Ron, Parts not available in local market. are they latest? any similar parts code?

The FET should be at least 300 volts with and RDSon low enough to switch 6 amps or so without a heatsink. The zeners need to be 5 watt and total about 300 volts. The hall should switch around 25 ma. You will need to compare to what is available locally.

If the tollerance stack up is wrong with both semi's being 300v units, the MOSFET might very well end up protecting the zeners. I'd leave the zeners at 300 and raise the MOSFET to 350 or more. The higher you can go with the MOSFET/zener combo, the faster the coil will dump which will give you more time to recharge it and/or give you a higher RPM limit.

Okay! i m back with some failure. not in schematic or designing but finding components in here.
if anybody can just let me know similar part numbers to use. i want to find similar parts because these parts just not available or hard for me to search locally. i tried digitkey and mouser but they did not have any similar part. if anybosy can help plz.

Try MJE5742G, MJE5740G or 2SD1071, any one of these are ign switching transistors & should do the job.

Dear Debe. Thanks for the parts info. does TIP36C works or useful to this application? please check ..

TIP36C is PNP & only 100v rating. You need NPN of at least 350/400V, 7/8Amp which is what the sugested transistors were.

Dear Debe, i have found 2SD1088 transistor, i need to read full text of the coil driver you posted in #41 because i need to dind C1 ceremic voltage and need to understand full text.
Thanks very much

This is the text, the ceramic cap is 50V.

Attachments

• IGN Coil driver.jpg
    IGN Coil driver.jpg
    806.6 KB · Views: 2,104
  • IGN Coil Driver.2.jpg
    IGN Coil Driver.2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,147
Dear Ronv, senser IC has 3 legs and you indicated in this schematic only 2. i m confused that how to connect legs and what is actual connections.
Do i need to give current to one point with resistor? as i can see in #54 post image posted by Debe. Image has many types of trigger systems.
Question: can we use Magnetic pulser(Reluctor Pickup) as most CDi motorcycle used? magnetic pulse trigger use only Neg. & Pos. connections.

please respond.

Last edited:
I don't know what your sensor looks like either. If it has a part number maybe we could find it. If not you may have to trace the circuit. Is it the one shown in the first post?
I think you need to build a trigger circuit for the magnetic pickup. Maybe someone here has experience with them.

If you are still looking for an N-ch power mosfet, you might consider an IRF740. They should be readily available. Vdss=400v, Id=10A. The body diode is avalanche rated, which means it acts like a 400v Zener. You would need to heat sink the MOSFET in any case.

Sorry, misunderstood the question. The sensor has 3 legs +12, Ground and signal out. You should add a pull up resistor of 750 ohms from the output to +12.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back