Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transducers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo37

Looking for small, cheap, ultrasonic transducers. Do the systems that use two, (Transmitter & Receiver) give better range/performance than those that use the same transducer for both T & R? I want to detect a human at about 25 feet. -- Thanks for any and all info.

Robo37 said:
Looking for small, cheap, ultrasonic transducers. Do the systems that use two, (Transmitter & Receiver) give better range/performance than those that use the same transducer for both T & R? I want to detect a human at about 25 feet. -- Thanks for any and all info.

Seperate transducers give far better performance, a transmit one should be series resonant, and a receive one should be parallel resonant. Using a single transducer comprimises one or both requirements.

Have you considered PIR sensors instead?, they replaced ultrasonic sensors years ago in burglar alarms.

Need doppler data

Thanks, Nigel. I was using IR, however I now want to determine whether they are coming or going. By using ultrasonics I have Doppler information that I don’t have otherwise.

Re: Need doppler data

Robo37 said:
Thanks, Nigel. I was using IR, however I now want to determine whether they are coming or going. By using ultrasonics I have Doppler information that I don’t have otherwise.

OK, 25m though is pushing things!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back