Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light intensity input transducers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me a new kind of input transducer specifically for light intensity

By new kind, do you mean one that works on a different principle than CCD, LDR, or photoelectric effects?

Please tell us what sensors you already have and/or know about, so we won't duplicate that.

John

By new kind, do you mean one that works on a different principle than CCD, LDR, or photoelectric effects?

Please tell us what sensors you already have and/or know about, so we won't duplicate that.

John

yes, a different principle so long as it uses light intensity.
What I need is a newly invented input transducer. I am currently patent searching for that.

So, you still haven't told us which methods you already know about.

That would be a good place to start.

John

So, you still haven't told us which methods you already know about.

That would be a good place to start.

John

I only know of photoresistor and phototransistor.
I only need one. I need to study a different light intensity input transducer and then I need to report it in class.

Then look up CCD's (charge coupled device). There are also vacuum tube photomultipliers and photodiodes (same photoelctric principle).

John

I was just trying to help you organize your search. There are three broad classes of devices. Those based on a photoelectric effects, those based on heat (bolometric) and those based on a chemical change (actinometric).

As for any device operating on a completely new principle discovered after 2000, I don't know of any. If you just want a device that was patented after 2000, that is a completely different question. Remember, new principles can't (in theory) be patented. Patents are for inventions, i.e., the reduction to practice of a principle. The underlying principle can be old as the hills.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back