Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Traffic_light

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobitavn89

Hi, friends!
I am implementing a project about traffic light using PIC 16F877A. This is the first time I design a system, so i don't know what i have to do. Can you post a block diagram and a printed board for me to make reference? Thanks a lot!

Hi, friends!
I am implementing a project about traffic light using PIC 16F877A. This is the first time I design a system, so i don't know what i have to do. Can you post a block diagram and a printed board for me to make reference? Thanks a lot!
This may or may not help, but Ecros Technology has a traffic light board that was a poor seller, so it's quite inexpensive. $15 for the whole kit. It doesn't come with a MCU, so your 16F877A would work fine.

What you need to do is work out a logic table using 1's and 0's you can the work out which bits you need, and you can run this through a 4 to 16 line decoder with a latch chip or a shift register or something to implement your logic.

What you need to do is work out a logic table using 1's and 0's you can the work out which bits you need, and you can run this through a 4 to 16 line decoder with a latch chip or a shift register or something to implement your logic.

That's the most fun part of trying to figure out your lighting pattern. I have several pages of binary code dedicated to my traffic light circuit. But once you have your pattern determined, you can start writing your code and figuring out your timing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back