Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba 26AV52U Intermittent no picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfranzk

Hello All,
My parents have a Toshiba 26AV52U set that recently when turned on there is sound but no picture. The picture would come on in a few seconds to a minute and now can take 20 plus minutes for picture to come on. Once on the picture stays as long as the set is left on.

I haven't pulled the cover off to inspect yet but will probably do so this weekend. Just wanted an idea of likely places to look.

Thanks in Advance,

Rfranzk

Hello Again,
I have a little more information on this problem. I took the back off the set and connected it and the thing worked well for about a week. When it fails the picture goes to blank screen or grayish blank, or sometimes a still picture or ghosted double exposure type still. The audio still works fine. I tested voltages at the power supply board and all tested good. There is no evidence of capacitors bulging at this time. I suspect a tuner problem or something to do with video decoding but not sure where to go next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Rfranzk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back